still stuck

W

wonderwoman

i seem to keep wavering between 146-150. it seems like i just keep losing and gaining (and back again) the same dam 4 pounds :mad:

and i noticed my calf muscles are sticking out even when im not flexing them. i guess i should be happy but im not, i want to see some dam results soon! :confused:

ok ive been racking my brain trying to figure out WHAT am i doing different now than i was when the pounds were coming off regularly. the only thing i can think of is i was taking trimspa. sorry, hope i dont sound like a commercial. i know most people say its just hype and i figured it was too even tho it gave me the boost i needed to even start losing this weight. i just figured taking them was putting me in the right mindset. but i have been off them about a month and thats when the weight loss stopped! thats it, im going to get more at walmart tomorrow and then we will see what happens by next week.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. In the beginning of the week I weigh 160 and by Friday I weigh 156. It is making me sad. I feel like I can't do it. I actually have lost a lil more weight by eating more the 1200 cals. I don't think that it is enough for me. Who knows. :(

Wonderwoman,don't get upset :) .I think the problem is in the following:human body can not loose inches and pound at the same time.It goes in laps - fist you loose inches,then you loose pounds,then you loose inches again.Try to consentrait on inches instead of the pounds.Look how it goes - perhaps,you are loosing inches and don't even know it.If both inches and pounds are still showing the same number - you have reached plato.It is very important to hang in there while you are platoing.It may last weeks but sooner or later the weight will start to come off anyway.It is sort of like a second wind that your body is waiting to get :) .

Last edited:
well lets see...still 146.5 pounds. went from 34 inch waist to 36 inch (bloat maybe) hips went from 40 to 39. so lost 1 lousy inch and gained 2 inches. still going to start back on the trimspa to see if that helps. thanks :)

or maybe all the crunches are pushing out my belly?

Last edited:
well sorry. have you changed your routine up? that could be it, ya gotta shock the system to break through those plateaus. what sort of cardio do you do? I would recommend HIIT. if you want a little more info on how I do mine then ask but if you dont care I wont tell you lol. and dont buy trimspa, A better stack would be Caffeine and ephedrine. its cheaper and its safe. Just tell us how you train and maybe we can help. And your wonderwoman you can do anything. Maybe you metabolism has caught up with your diet and has begun to slow down. If you up your calories for a couple weeks then cut them back down it may break you through that plateau. Are you lifting weights 3 times weekly? Maybe it is time for a little supplementation to help ya out. I dont know your decision, dont give up now your already so far. good luckk and sorry if you didnt want my opinions lol. umm if your looking into supplements Id recommend either caffeine+ephedrine, or from what Ive heard is supposed to be really good. but who knows all your choice and you better make the right one too. it could also be your macronutrient partitioning, maybe your getting too many carbs and not enough protein or something of that nature. whatever choice you do make good luck to you.

As far as trimspa, it has hoodia gordinii its supposed to be a good appetite suppressant, and I hate anna nicole so I would never recommend something she has a part of lol.

Last edited:
lol errtu, of course i value your opinions :D
will add to this later, gotta pick up the twins from preschool.

ok well my usual is the treadmill set at 3.6-4.1 mph and i do about 2-4 miles depending on different things at least 5 times a week. now im doing 3 sets of 20 crunches 3x per week. also on those days i do leglifts 20 on each side and 20 on each leg laying on back. and like 2 sets of 20 curls and other exercises using my 8 pound free weights.

i have no idea what the HIIT thing is but you can tell me how u do yours.
oh and thanks for the ephedrine idea but i dont think i will take it because of my blood pressure and isnt that banned anyway? well i wish i had an exercise bike so i could alternate days with the treadmill, but cant afford t right now.
thanks for the good ideas ;)

ps. i will try not to whine anymore as im sure your all sick of hearin by now, lol

Last edited:
ok well HIIT is basically alternating your intensity for cardio every minute or so(well this is what I use. so like Id go 20 minutes exactly. with 5 being like carrying groceries into your house, 7 or so would be carrying groceries up the stairs e tc etc etc, and nine is pushing yourself the hardest, then ten being pushing yourself harder than that lol. for every minute I change, this is how I do mine.

5 5 6 7 8 9 6 7 8 9 6 7 8 9 6 7 8 9 10 5
this really burns the crap outta my legs and sweat is pouring lol kind of disgusting but Im happy with it.

And for ephedrine, ephedra was banned, ephedrine is still legal as long as you buy it for asthma lol, but it works good anyways.

And for leg excercises if you do squats they get your whole bottom half at once, and if youve been doing the same leg excercises they really do need to be changed.

and for the other excercises, Im not sure what sort of things you do but maybe a couple higher pairs of free weights would be nice.

sorry if im naggin over here but "from what I hear" lol only the biceps on the upper body are getting worked.

Dont really know what your "gym" consists of so I'll just leave it at that lol. good luck to ya.

yah thanks, my "gym" lol needs work i admit. i got to make myself do those squats regularly but keep forgetting about them. i will start doing those to with the weights resting on my shoulders. from time to time i do look up new exercises but then i end up forgetting how they are done. :mad:
think i will try the interval thing. :D

What I do(I forget too lol) is keep a notebook on what excercises I'm supposed to do and have pictures if I forget how to do the excercise. If the weights are uncomfortable on your shoulders then hanging them around your waist works just as well, another good excercise for your butt is lunges, I really hate doing lunges but they are supposed to be good for that "region".

A good easy to read book(this is where I got my HIIT program from) is called "Body for life" and the way the book tells you how to workout works good for me. my workouts should be exactly 46 minutes and my cardio exactly 20 minutes. sometimes I go over on the weight lifting but never cardio lol.

I hope you like the HIIT thing, I love it, it takes a short amount of time and I know I had a good workout. good luck to you and drink your water.

hehe, back on the trimspa and no longer stuck. finally saw 143 today :)

+- 4lbs

Do not fear those 4lbs, most likely it is due to water weight. Do you weight yourself at the same time of the day? Your body stores more water at certain times of the day, so for example if you weight yourself in the morning your weight would be different than if you did so in the afternoon. Water weight is harmless and cannot really be controlled unless you take a dieuretic which absorbs some excess water from your body. A natural diuretic is Dandelion leaf. try it if u really dont wana keep fluctuating weight

Back