stiff lower back? hurts when rising from a bend

Ok, if i bend over, then rise up, i have to do it real slow like old man style and it hurts.. its almost like if its VERY stiff. hopefuly you know what im talking about. how can i fix that? and prevent it from happening again.. stretching the back? if so, how do i do that?

If it is from lifting too hard it should go away in a couple days. In the mean time you can put warm compresses on your back to relax the muscles. To prevent that in the future, don't lift as aggressively has you did this time.

A foam roller. They are about $5-10 in any sports-type store/magazine/website. Google "foam roller" and you should find some links. What you do is roll the foam roller over a muscle till you find a tender spot/trigger point. Once there you hold it for 20-30 secs to try and release/break up the adhesion. Can be very painful yet very effective!!

well, will this condition fade away by itself? the body has a tendency to heal itself when something is wrong, i was just getting a bit scared as i dont want to mess up my lower back:p could this be from the muscle strain i had in my lower back about a week ago?

Mostly likely yes it is from your low back strain. It should get better but like mentioned before, try to maintain the flexibility in that muscle. If it doesn't go away in a another couple days you could get a sports massage. They'd be able to tell exactly what is going on back there.

how do you bend over to rise up again? what are you doing at the time
stiffness in the back is not associated with muscle strain but more with the joint/ligaments of the spine

how i do it? i guess i just bend.. its on the way up i feel it, in my lower back.
i dont have it anymore now,, but any info would be great incase it comes again or if i can prevent it. the pain was in the lower back.. all the way down there, nowhere else.. if that helps.

Back