Starting out new and looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporthog2k3

Hey,

I'm just starting my weight loss goals and I was wondering if there is anyone in the Toronto area that would want to chat together and act as support for one another? You can be inexperience or experienced I dont mind, just the idea of having someone around seems very appealing to me. I dont like to discuss this stuff with friends or family but ironically i'm willing to open up to a complete stranger. It's probably because i'm embarrassed by it all. Well hope to hear from someone soon.

Take care!

I'm also in the Toronto area, and could use someone to talk to to keep me on track, and would love to help someone else too (since that will also keep me on track).

Care to chat then?

so did you want to chat? just add me on msn or something I think all the info is on my profile and lets get on our way! :D Hear from you soon

I was 200lbs and now i am 150lbs. I lost the weight on a long process but now i know i can stay on this weight. It took me a year to get down to 150lbs. I started to train muay thai/kickboxing in a different gym that has it as a fitness program. I trained with another girl, which was very hard in the begining because i was very shy. But she motivated me to kept going and also i tried a nutritionist. I can tell, the work out was amazing and i made good friends. Now i am training at Renegade Muay Thai Kickboxing Fitness, Toronto. If you have a chance come train with me. I know how important is to have someone pushing you. And i had that from an extranger ;)

muay thai for weight loss and motivation

I have to agree with Renegade, if you're looking for motivation to stick to a program for 2009, the best way is to do a partner sport, or a team sport if you're lucky enough to find a recreational one for adults that you'll enjoy. I also do muay thai kickboxing and have been doing it for about 2 years. I thought it would be really intimidating, but some gyms have much more welcoming environments than others, and some even have women's only classes that you can try to kinda ease your way into the atmosphere. It's a great workout, and super fun. It's hard to find fun group fitness classes, and it's really hard to motivate yourself to get on a cardio machine or lift weights consistently. If you try this, you'll love it, and see results really fast. You'll meet great people, and feel safer in any situation. It's truly changed my life, not just my body! Another good motivator - at least this is how I initially did it - is to buy a three-month membership or something like it and force yourself to give it a shot. Once you've done it for three months, you won't want to quit, TRUST ME!

hi

hi ..i know im not in toronto but im close enough ..i am in london. there doesnt seem to be anyone's from london on this chat room and i could really use the support and can give support too from you toronto folks. can i jump aboard this support too?:waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back