Start of something new! my plan

motivate_me1

Hi all,

Im new to this forum, so sorry if this isnt the right place to post.
Im 21, working 6 days a week full time and have started to get a bit depressed about my weight! I always come up with excuses that I never have enough time to exercise. When I get home after work, I'm shattered. I cook dinner with OH have a shower/bath and by the time thats all over with its late so I kick back with a film for a bit and go to bed.
I get to work about 8:15am and finish at 5:00pm Mon-Fri. Usually get home around 5:30pm. Satrurday I work 8:15 - 12:30, so only half a day.

I used to be really active when I was at college, and since I've met my OH and started working the weight has just piled on!
We are now planning for a wedding and I would really like to go back to a size 8 again, in time to buy a nice dress and enjoy having my picture taken on the day!
I have a goal! Now I need an action plan to achieve this. I must tell you, I have no will power! I cant seem to stop myself eating rubbish! Sometimes I dont even realise I'm eating! It's quite scary not being aware of the amount I eat.

Im going to keep a diary on here and try and visit it every night. Hopefully doing this and reading other peoples success stories will help keep me going in the right direction.

Any tips on how to loose weight/take your mind off food etc would be much appreciated. I dont want to join any diet programmes like weight watchers, because I cant afford to spend money, as I'm saving for the wedding. Once my bills going out, I dont have much left anyway. Is it just me or is all healthy food really expensive compared to cheapo £1 pizzas with 1million calories!

My aim is to loose 2lbs a week! Does this sound reasonable for a first time dieter?
I currently weigh 155.6lbs! target by next week is 153lbs.
Wish me luck :)

Thanks for reading

Back