Staci's Diary

Slg0379

I am so glad I found this community and have the opportunity to document my eating and exercise routines. I have struggled with my weight since I was about 7. My highest weight was probably 9 years ago; I am guessing I was about 300 pounds. About 5 years ago I got healthy and was at my lowest weight of 175 (I am 5'7"). In the past 3 years, I gained a lot of weight back. Weirdly, I have not gained weight during the pandemic...I have just maintained. I am at 214 right now. I usually restrict my calories really strictly and exercise a lot when I am "trying to lose weight". I have decided to do things a lot differently this time.

I am not counting calories (which is really hard for me) this time. My diet is normally pretty healthy, but my portions are out of control. I have eaten a vegan diet for 5 years and try to stay away from meat substitutes and vegan junk food, but the past month has been tough with that. So now I am going back to whole, planted based foods. I very rarely eat fried foods and I limit my oil when I cook at home. I am definitely not saying I eat healthy all the time. If I did I wouldn't be the weight I am now. But my foods are not my problem. My portions are. I also also going to be more consistent with exercising and I am not going to weigh my self often. I am also going to try to post all my foods and exercise in my diary. Keeping track of that is really motivating for me.

I know what it takes to lose weight, but I have found it so difficult over the past few years. I am hoping things are going to be different now. I am going to focus on being healthy rather than being thin. I hope that makes sense.

This is what I ate and did yesterday:

Lunch- Giant salad with kidney beans. 2.5 Tablespoons of dressing- Annie's Lite Goddess dressing.
Snack- Watermelon and 1 serving (12) of Mary's Gone Crackers
Dinner-Homemade hashbrowns with onions and peppers, tofu scramble with spinach and mushrooms, 1 piece of Ezekiel toast with a little butter (except the butter, this meal was oil free)
Green smoothie- celery, cucumber, green apple, pineapple, spinach, and chia seeds

Workout- 30 agonizing minutes on the elliptical...first time on it in 3 weeks

Hi, Staci & welcome to the forum. I’m on my phone, with my dog on my lap so won’t type much now & am about to head for an appointment. I just wanted to welcome you :)

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday, but I did not do great last night...eating wise. Most of my foods were super clean, but I did end up getting a bottle of wine and, and in a moment of pure stupidity, some vegan crackers that taste pretty close to Cheez Its. So I did snack last night and had wine. Tuesdays are really hard for me to stay on track. My fiancé has been playing D&D online with his friends every Tuesday since the pandemic started. I usually take the opportunity to eat, watch, and drink whatever I want. LOL. Doing that every Tuesday for over a year, it has now become habit. I am definitely going to have to find something else to do on those nights.

So yesterday...
Lunch- chickpea pasta salad (oil free) with tomatoes, olives, spinach, kidney beans, and onions.
Snack- Berries and roasted edamame
Dinner- Pizza. Kroger has a thin crust that is like 400 calories for the whole thing. I topped it off with sauce, vegan pepperoni, spinach, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoncini, and olives. My fiancé doesn't like vegan cheese so we don't eat it.
PM Snack- Wine, "cheese" crackers, frozen dates dipped in peanut butter (tastes like a candy bar). I just ate way too much.

Exercise- 40 minute walk

Doing that every Tuesday for over a year, it has now become habit. I am definitely going to have to find something else to do on those nights.
I've been going for a covid test every Tuesday for months and it got to be more and more of a binge trigger. Completely agree that Tuesdays need to change!

:blush5: & my husband has started playing competition pool again on Tuesday nights & I have been having some "treats" while he's gone. We have to come up with something!

Back