Sprouts

Wow 25 days and not even 1 reply. I guess the answer is no for now. lol:doh:

I missed this the first time - but no :)

Once my mom tried it,and they were broccoli sprouts and the whole fridge smelled like broccoli... :D

Are you just growing them in pots or...? I remember my mom had some sort of kit for it, but I've never seen one and I'm not quite confident enough in the greenness of my thumb to try to figure it all out without some sort of guidance...

How is it working for you? (And will your husband eat them? :D)

We bought flat tray and grew them in it for 8 days.
Broccoli, Alfalfa, Clover, and Radish mixed.

I think hubby ate more than I did ^_^ We used them in salads, sandwiches, and soups.

The second time around didn't go as well since mold grew...

But I may grow more.

My husband is anti-sprout :)

I have noticed that the broccoli sprouts really smell like broccoli!

Where'd you get the tray and seeds to grow them?

Okay.. I'm confused. what are we talking about? Brussel sprouts? sprouting plants? what exactly is a "brocolli sprout" ?????

Okay.. I'm confused. what are we talking about? Brussel sprouts? sprouting plants? what exactly is a "brocolli sprout" ?????

LOL

A sprout is the "stage" of a plant between seed and maturity. It's a young plant. This can either be the very day a plant, or "sprout" bursts from it's seed, or 7-10 days after that. Different people prefer them at different stages.
So you can eat the sprout of basically anything (Beans, vegetables, "flowers"/plants) and you can put them in anything (soups, salads, sandwiches, etc).

I don't eat sprouts often but my favorite are alfalfa sprouts about 7-10 days old.

Pics below ^_~ winx

Last edited:
Back