SPAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korrie

I've noticed ALOT of spam on the forums today...LOTS...so please, we need all the members of the forum to report a post anytime there is a link in it...anytime anyone lists their personal email address and anytime you see any say "email me for details"

thanks for the help, lets work together to keep WLF clear of spammers!

Not all links are banned. Links to sites that sell a product are banned. You may post links to articles, case studies and the like...but again, not if they contain links to sites that sell products or services.....however, newbies are prohibited from posting any links. We want to make sure you are here to be part of the weight loss forum family, and not just here to post links. I see 3 of the 5 of your posts contain links so I will have to remove those for now.

Youtube does not sell products or services. Explain why I can not put a link to my channel or guide users to my youtube

Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually StrongVitality, I looked at your channel. There is plenty of advertising and self promoting. Under the Newcomer forum are some rules on to what you can post as links.

Jericho is right. We want members here that are here to support each other...not just to push their own sites..blogs..channels ect. People that are here for the reason to get or give support have no issues with our rules

Yep, there has been a sudden influx of spam. I am assuming its because people are trying to get their links in before New Years when everyone makes New Years Resolutions to loose weight as well as Xmas things :)

Actually StrongVitality, I looked at your channel. There is plenty of advertising and self promoting. Under the Newcomer forum are some rules on to what you can post as links.

I was told you can't post links to sites that sell products or services. New rules are popping up every day here.

By the way who subscribed me to this thread? I asked FLBfitness to remove my account from this forum. I want nothing to do with any of you. They way you handle people posting links and your strict forum policies makes this not a place for me.

I will not be adding any beneficial knowledge, or support, to any thread on this forum. Delete my account ASAP

I'm not into support, I'm not a woman. I'm into solving and fixing problems. I should have read the rules before creating my first post and I do apologize for making all your lives harder.

So this is a support forum and I do not support people that often. I only support my YouTube channel subscribers. Delete my account

Heh. Strict forum policies. Yes, because there is a rule about not letting you pump up your subscriber numbers on your youtube, that is considered strict..

oh my favorite part is when he say s "I'm not a woman" followed by " boo hoo I'm gonna throw a fit and quit this forum!" I know tons of woman who have never thrown a tissy like that!

anytime you see any say "email me for details"

Hi Korrie. Will help you out and report if I see anything like these. I wonder what will they get if they post something like "email me for details" without a link on them. What do they get with it? Do they actually reply when we email them?

I have a general question regarding the defintion of Spam on the Forum here.

In order to identify yourself as a credible source and not just a stranger, is it acceptable to have yourself identified in your signature line as follows when you post a reply to a person..... A simple signature like used in email .......... no links, no other hype

Thanks

Michael Spitzer
Author
FITNESS at 40,50,60 and BEYOND
View attachment 21590

that is fine. spammers should be banned but what about my weight tickers.png file ? I want to post that png file under my signatures so that every time I update my weight it can be seen here as well. I just want to know when I will be able to post images in my signatures ?

Edit signature is an option under the "settings" tab.
It does not become an option at first for new members - but it does not take long...
It is based on how many days someone has been registered on the forum and how many postings they have made... I am not exactly sure of the parameters - but I think that someone needs to be a member for maybe about a week (I am sure it is less than 2 weeks) and they need to have made something like 10 to 15 postings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back