Some questions about a Precor 5.17i Elliptical

Hi everyone!

My wife and I would like to get an elliptical machine here when we move. We're likely to get it here before we head out so we can just load it into the moving truck in its box. I had just a few questions if anyone had experience with them (we're mostly looking at this model because the place will sell it for about $1900 brand new).

Is it hard to assemble from the box? Would it be wise to have them deliver it and set it up in our tiny, tiny apartment even though we have no space?

How much taller are you on the machine than just standing on the floor? I want to ensure that our basement ceiling is high enough to accommodate the machine's use.

Thanks much!

Tim

Daroga,

I sell these things, and to be honest, the 5.17i is the trickier elliptical to assemble when you compare it to other models. You may want to go ahead and have them delivery and assemble it for you. If you try it yourself, and end up breaking something or accidentally slicing the data cable, Precor will not honor the warranty, or so I've been told.

For the height, I'm 5'11, and when I'm on the Precor, my height bounces between 6'9-6'11. The cross ramp does not make you higher, contrary to popular belief, and the 5.17 ramp doesn't going higher then the other ones anyways.

good luck

Thanks!

I might see if they can put it together at the store and pick it up in a Uhaul before we move.

We're going to go take a look at it tonight and see how it feels.

If anyone has any thoughts on the machine, let me know!

Just curious, is there a PDF online somewhere for the 5.17i's manual? Just curious to see the direction for assembly.

they have it on Precor's website

precor.com > consumer products. look for service and you should have the option to look up owners manuals.

Back