Some advice, please?

I'm 17, nearly 6"2, and approximately 120 lbs. I'm aware that this isn't the healthiest body weight for my current height/age. I'm quite weak and not very active. I've tried working out in the past but always lost motivation and tended to wonder if I was even working out properly(i.e. I would get sore occasionally, but often times would not) So I've always quit before sticking with it for more than a week or two. My goal is just to be more cut. Not necessarily "ripped and buff" or "bigger" I still want to be lean and thin, just more muscular. Sort of like that of Bruce Lee.
Now, I'm already aware of a few of my problems:
I only eat two to three times a day.
I likely don't get enough protein as I am unsure of the best sources.
I am not currently working out consistently.
So any recommendations on what I should eat/what kind of exercises I should pursue in order to achieve this goal?

protein can be chicken, turkey, steak; can be tofu, nuts; protein can be fish; lots of choices;
good luck;

Id get protein from the natural sources mention before, could look into whey if you really wanted to though it might be unnecessary. Id try to hit the gym at least 3 times a week full body workout if you want to do it that way. I think compound lifts would be the best, now you say you dont want to get "bigger" but want to be more "ripped." Essentially what you're trying to do is put on muscle, which means you want to get bigger, i understand you dont want to get huge though. You gotta give your body the necessary calories it needs to grow and make muscle, so overeat around 500 calories a day from healthy sources. Compound lifts help stimulate human growth hormone, essentially meaning your body will repair itself more quickly. Compound lifts I'd go for would be deadlift, bench press, squat( or front squat, leg press if you have to), and power cleans. Make sure you know the form and technique for these exercises before going in, youtube some videos on it, especially power cleans and deadlifts. Dips and pull ups are also great things to add in your workout. I'd suggest finding a routine which works for you. Overall all your going to need is commitment, its not going to happen quickly or overnight.

Is there anything I can do if I lack access to a gym?
I actually have a total gym, a ab wheel, and a perfect push-up.
As for the total gym though, I'm not sure what exercises to do.

And yes, I suppose technically, I do want to get "bigger" but only slightly. Just enough to where it's apparent that I have muscle. Not huge.

This is an impossible task. You have the physique of a concentration camp survivor, but you don't eat enough (hence the physique), you lack commitment, and you have an unrealistic goal of only wanting to get "slightly" larger which would still make you skinnier than a runway model. I suspect your pediatrician/general practitioner is concerned about your health.

Im not sure what a total gym looks like or its capabilities. If you don't have access to a gym or just don't want to spend the money then use what you have, youtube videos on total gym workouts, use the perfect pushup, possibly invest in a pull up bar you can install on your door. Losing and gaining muscle is simple, gaining faster and losing faster gets more complex, but simply you really need dedication, effort, and time. Eat a lot, and train hard.

This is an impossible task. You have the physique of a concentration camp survivor, but you don't eat enough (hence the physique), you lack commitment, and you have an unrealistic goal of only wanting to get "slightly" larger which would still make you skinnier than a runway model. I suspect your pediatrician/general practitioner is concerned about your health.

My physique is very poor. Great job on offensively restating what I said in the opening of this thread. I'm not here to be told that I can't do something, I need to know what can be done about my body. Apparently, I'm not making sense. So let me reword this. I want to gain muscle.I currently have poor eating habits, so I need to know what it is that I need to do to improve upon that. Obviously, eating more. In addition, eating healthier. While I may be thin (concentration camp victim-like thin) I eat unhealthy. I suppose I have a decent metabolism. So if my goal of getting a little bigger is "unrealistic" then give me a realistic one that I can achieve with my current body's state. I realize that I'm being rude and you seem to be a successful person in the world of fitness, but if I wanted criticism, my post title and description would say so. I realize the truth is essential in pursuing anything, and it can sometimes hurt. But it's futile telling me what I already know.

Okay, your first goal should be to get a BMI of about 20, which is still lean, but is healthy. That would mean a weight of about 155 for you. So, that's about 30 - 35# for you. But, you don't to add pure fat; you want to add mostly muscle with some fat for a healthy body.

To accomplish this, you need to eat more and often and lift weights so your weight gain is not all fat.

Eat 5 - 6 meals / day and more / day. Determine your basal metabolic rate and add 500 kcalories/ day to that amount. That would give you 1 pound/week weight gain.

Also, start working out consistently. 3x / week, with 1 day off in between. Go to a gym or do bodyweight exercises (pushups, dips, pullups, lunges, squats).

Okay, thank you.
I just recently purchased the Power90 fitness program and though it seems to be pitched towards those who are overweight and wish to "trim fat", I figure if I do the exercise program and up my food intake rather than lower it, I should be fine. I've read success stories of those going from "scrawny to brawny" from the P90 and P90X programs.
While 30-35 pounds of muscle would be healthy and ideal, I'd be awful happy with a mere 15-20.
I do plan on committing to this program, I'm very tired of my current condition.
I want to be able to say "Sure, I can lift that," when asked if I can help move something heavy rather than saying, "I doubt it" or "I'm not sure."
I want to not be embarrassed to take my shirt off(I'm certainly not proud of being bony).
I'd like to be and look healthy, with a much more abundant energy reserve.
Well that's just a few goals to keep me motivated.

Back