signature question

surferguy78

Okay I am newish here, joined last year, but been traveling since then. I threw a link to my blog in my signature, but have only posted on topic and have in no way made any attempts to direct people here to my blog in my posts, but for some reason my signature is now labeled spam.

If it is not cool to add a link in your signature then maybe the forum should disable the option like DP forums does until you reach a certain number of posts. however as a member of your forum, to suddenly be labeled as a spammer without so much as a notice or request to change my signature is insulting and rude. More to the point I will no longer take part of your forum!

pity I am a very active forum member for DP and for surfermagazine, I really enjoy these discussions, I had high hopes for my time here, thought there would be a lot to learn and share

p.s perhaps you guys should put some more adsense on your forum...

Does your blog generate revenue?

I have the same problem... But my signature was deleted because it contains ADS!!! this forum also contains ads. So Do you want to tell you, DELETE YOUR FORUM? It's not fair mates...

The difference is the owners set the rules. They don't want links to places with ads. They do ads here for their own reasons. It is simply the rules the owners put in place. We enforce those rules.

Ok, Jericho. It seems I have some problems with you :) Let's look at Steve's profile just above my post... He has a link in his signature. So, what's the problem to set there my favourite blogs. I just can't DELETE the ads, the blogs are not mine. I posted them in every forum I take part in. So, tell me how many posts do I have to reach in order to write another signature with a link inside. Thank you!

Steve is also a mod where an exception has been made. He has been here a very long time and has proven how much knowledge he has.

You are new with 6 posts..Big difference and based on the sites you was linking, I think never is more likely on when you can post the links to those blogs.

For example, the site you put into your profile is nothing but posts from people pushing their diet plans/products.

Ok. I am just surprised how could I find your forum in Google... I wrote weight loss help forum and I found your forum. thinking of share some tips and tricks I know. Maybe I have to make 2,000,000,000,000 posts before I am able to make something new... This is why more members will not be able to take part in YOUR forum. I see I can't contact the ADMIN... I just want to say some words... Nothing personal to anybody, but forums without signatures are life without water! You should know now the result.

you can signature all you want..just not breaking the rules. I pointed you to the Newcomers thread with the rules about posting links. You can complain, you can contact the owner of the site if you want, no one is stopping you but the fact still is that you can't post your blog sites.

Nothing personal to anybody, but forums without signatures are life without water! You should know now the result.
That's just ridiculous.
Seeing the same quotes over and over again on a forum does nothing to increase my desire to return to a forum. I agree that they can be useful, but they are hardly the "life" of a forum. Maybe more like pinch of salt.
I think the rules here make perfect sense.

signature is one thing, but links to blogs and or a site is advertising and we have a clear line on advertising. With a name like SEO Alexa Ray(nk), it seems clear why you want to have a link in your post / signature and that exact reason why we don't allow it.

Back