Senior New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeseyann

Hello, just joined this forum. I'm on a year long journey to lose at least 70 lbs. From 12/20 to 4/21 so far, I've lost about 20 lbs. I know I need to go to a gym but I'm just working out at home for now. I'm up in age and for sure will join a gym. I look at videos and read articles for additional information to maybe speed up the process. Any advice anyone has for people over 60 yrs old would be appreciated and good luck to everyone in your efforts to lose weight.

Hi Reese and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your success so far - you've been doing very well even without a gym. As a physical therapist I'm very much in favor of people (especially those over 40) doing strength training but the gym really isn't a requirement for weightloss.

HI I am new too. I am 50 and in perimenopause and I gained weight but really I don't have any energy and people have made nasty comments to me. I feel sad and angry becasue they have no idea the depression and anxiety i have had in perimenopause and how it hurts to be called fat.

Hello Annoyed, I'm Reese, Senior New Here. Just to start, I wish I was 50 yrs old again to do things different!!! I've suffered from depression most of my life but to contain it I exercised to feel better and it worked and kept me at about 130 lbs most of my life until I turned 51 and menopause set in. Lighten up, you're still YOUNG and ABLE. Me, I want a makeover as soon as I lose my weight and I'm working to make money to pay for it. To combat what you're feeling do this.... Love yourself, beautify yourself. Today's world has videos on anything you want to achieve. You can have the body you want, the beauty, and the money so that ALL the nasty comments you'll get will be "I bet her good looks are fake" or "If I looked that good, I wouldn't be in a place like this". My point is if you don't like it, surpass it. PROVE THEM WRONG! You can do it!!! I did 6 years in the Army so I know I can transform myself and YOU CAN TOO. For inspiration, check out women in their 70's and 80's who look like their in their 30's or 40's, there's lots of them! Hope this helps.

Hello Annoyed, I'm Reese, Senior New Here. Just to start, I wish I was 50 yrs old again to do things different!!! I've suffered from depression most of my life but to contain it I exercised to feel better and it worked and kept me at about 130 lbs most of my life until I turned 51 and menopause set in. Lighten up, you're still YOUNG and ABLE. Me, I want a makeover as soon as I lose my weight and I'm working to make money to pay for it. To combat what you're feeling do this.... Love yourself, beautify yourself. Today's world has videos on anything you want to achieve. You can have the body you want, the beauty, and the money so that ALL the nasty comments you'll get will be "I bet her good looks are fake" or "If I looked that good, I wouldn't be in a place like this". My point is if you don't like it, surpass it. PROVE THEM WRONG! You can do it!!! I did 6 years in the Army so I know I can transform myself and YOU CAN TOO. For inspiration, check out women in their 70's and 80's who look like their in their 30's or 40's, there's lots of them! Hope this helps.
Hi I reploed to you but i don;t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back