running & bowel movements...

Okay, little embarrassing, but I've been running now for a few months, everything is going well, except one thing: when I run in the mornings, about half way through my runs I really, really have to go to the bathroom. (#2!) I've tried going before, doesn't happen. Does anyone else have this problem and/or have possible solutions???

Thanks,
Denise

No need to be embarrested. I had that problem too for a while. What I did was go at night before I went to bed, or extremely early in the morning. Do you get nervous before you run? It could just be nerves.

Actually I had a similar problem and seek an answer if possible - this happens to me when I am working on my abdomen or when I am doing boxing practice and sweating all over... is it because I am burning off the fat?

work your calves more (with weights),

then you'll really feel like going and you'll get used to the feeling eventually.

I play soccer, and this hapens all the time to alot of people. We call it "athletes a**". I dont know what causes it, but I do know that it happens to alot of people.

This is something all runners will expierence during their lifetime... Its perfectly normal so there is no need to be imbarrased...

denise.. if you are running first thing in the morning then try this. Have a glass of luke warm milk right after you get up from sleep. This starts the bowel movement for many people at least does for my son :). That way you will be done with it before you go for your jog.

Make sure running after having milk, does not produce any discomfort. It does for me, so telling you.

Back