Rugby 2010

I'm going to be using this journal to keep track of my training for the 2010 Rugby season. I chose not to play this year. I will be keeping track of most aspects of my training, I'm sure I wont always be consistant with the tracking, as it is in my nature to randomly disappear from the internet when it aggrivates me.

I have a bit of weight to lose from being lazy over the last 6+ months, and some strength to gain back from the same reason. I have a limited access to equipment and time away from my kid to train. Here we go.

Also - this cat is cute. :animal:

Welcome back Western, uh Der.

Dear Self,
Eat sometime in the 12 hours before you workout. Your legs will hate you less.
Thanks.

My kid is with her father today, so I am able to have a bit more freedom.

2 mile bike
25 yard sprint x2
2 mile bike

Food: Cliff Bar (okay, not the best choice, but it was here)

This is dictated mostly by the geography around my house. I'm not sure how long it took, but I've only been awake about an hour, so sometime less than that.

I have no structured workout situation set up right now, the first phase of my training will be basic general fitness. There will be sport specific training worked in as we go. My main goal is to, in the words of my bestest friend, "Sweat Daily". Whereas intellectually I know structured is best, this really is just for me so I'm going to do whatever the hell I feel like. Mmmk.

Last edited:
Meal Two: Grilled Chicken salad with cheese
Meal Three: Beef, potatoes, corn
Meal Four: Home made protein rich cereal with milk

Drank about 50 oz of water so far today

Just got finished with some jump-rope agility work, which I will return to later after I'm done with work for the day

It's my first day back to the forum, and I already feel anxiety and regret. Got my feelings hurt and pissed off, too. I'll just stay in my little corner, kthnx.

Last edited:
Meal 5: Pizza (unhealthy, but within my calorie goals), it was "hang out with my parents" night, and my father got pizza, so it was just family-friendly to partake.

I'm going to do some stretching and learn some agility drill tonight, and may or may not have one more meal. probably not.

I feel like an idiot posting a million times, maybe I should make one daily entry that I update. That would probably make sense.

I pick up my kid tomorrow, I'm going to have to train around her while she's here. Another large portion of my life is taking control of my work and school life. I'm applying to the local university next week, school to start in January. Also, to stick to set work hours. Which of course I can't tomorrow since I have to go pick up my kid. haha. Okay. I ate a banana also. There, now it's in my journal.

Tomorrow I have no idea what my training will look like. I guess we'll see when I post it.

to my fellow
angry-computerman.gif

it will be nice
angry-computerman.gif

with you again

and remember
angry-computerman.gif

ITS FUN AND ITS FUNNY!!!

when I am at the gym thinking about how damn stupid some people are, just remember--- IT IS YOU THAT I LOVE!
hehehe

it is in my nature to randomly disappear from the internet when it aggrivates me.

I look forward to reading your posts for the next 2 weeks then ;)

Good to see you back, how come you seem so nice and cheerful now in your posts? Are you on meds now? (kidding :D)

What position do you play? It's been years since I last played Rugby, I'm probably too wussy for it now

when I am at the gym thinking about how damn stupid some people are, just remember--- IT IS YOU THAT I LOVE!
hehehe

really? it's usually when I'm pooping that I think about you

I look forward to reading your posts for the next 2 weeks then ;)

Probably accurate haha

Good to see you back, how come you seem so nice and cheerful now in your posts? Are you on meds now? (kidding :D)[

Well a divorce helped. Without the constant aggrivation my general disposition is calm and friendly. Unless Todd is involved then it's horny and angry. hahahahaha

What position do you play? It's been years since I last played Rugby, I'm probably too wussy for it now

I DONT HAVE A POSITION. It drives me insane. I have not played in a competitive way yet.Ihave trained with the U of M team, and have been invited to join the Ann Arbor club the last three years, but i have either lived too far away or been dealing with too much. Now that my divorce is final and my kid and I are settled nicely, I am looking to play competitively next year. So, I am not that good. But I'm strong, quick, and a bitch. So, I expect to do okay. haha

I have not trained yet today, I spent 5 hours driving to get my kid from her dad. Living 300 miles apart is a monster, but she only goes to see him once a month.

Meal One: Eggs, ham, english muffin
Meal Two and three: home made chicken noodle with extra chicken

About 50 oz water so far

So happy to have my kid home. we're having a "sleep over" tonight, her grandma is spending the night with us and we're going to do all sorts of fun stuff, her aunt sammy might come over to paint nails and such with us later. (I know, can't see me doing that ****? but anything for the kid!)

I recorded the Eels/Storm game from the Australian national Rugby league. I’d love to play that! And the dudes have the healthy look and endurance I’d like to have. What an outstanding workout that would be to play and practice! Guess that would be great interval training from walking, jogging, sprinting, and slamming!

Also wish there was more of it on the tube here in the states

Last edited:
Today was more or less a bust training wise. Thought I should at least keep my journal commitment and come post. The entire day pretty much turned into a scramble to get some work hours in, then "spend time with the kid". We had a fun "pajama party" though!

.... and cupcakes. :cool:

Well, as my divorce arrived, my health insurance departed. Unfortunately that means the fact I can't walk on or bend my ankle is left to me to deal with.

I'm actually kind of an idiot, I knew I've been having problems with the tendon for several months, well before I lost my insurance.

So, this weekend is ice, physical therepy techniques, and restricted calories.

Good times.

there's a training log going full force :)
hehehe

the next time you crap, remember, I am the peanut that catches your sphrincter on the way out- ooooouuuuuchhchc!

heghehe
T-dog!

hahahah that was sooooooo funny

nort snort

One-legged jump rope, anyone?

weekend of rest and ice and it's still rough to get around on the ankle. I'm not going to let tendonosis keep me from training, however. I seem to injure myself whenever I incorporate anything that isn't weight training, haha. However, I'm really dedicated to building a more varied fitness base and next year's rugby season is something I am dedicated to competing in.

Right now I have my ankle immobilized, and will be doing so when I go to sleep for at least a few nights. The shortening and stiffening of the tendon during sleep is the worst part for me, as when I get up in the mornings it's difficult to stand or get around in anyway.

So, it'll be fun to watch me workout without my right ankle over the next few weeks. It's okay to laugh at me.

830AM
1 mile bike, with trailer attached with 45lb kid in it
bodyweight workout, managed not to kill my ankle

1200PM
Jump rope agility with ankle immobilized

Lecture / Discussion panel started at 7, got 10 min break at 815, did muscle ups on an oddly suitable child's play structure during the break.

Food wasn't kept track of, but reasonable decisions were made

Back