Rope Skipping For Weight Loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantishugo

Has anybody here tried Rope Skipping for losing weight? I have been planning to buy one and do it to lose weight. My aim is to lose 5 KG in a month. Please give your suggestions.

I did a lot of rope skipping when I was a teenager and it was a great form of exercise.

Weight loss is best achieved using both aspects - exercise and nutrition. Are you planning on making any changes to your eating and drinking habits?

I tried rope skipping for weight loss before. It does make you sweat a lot. But it build up calf muscles pretty fast as well. So I don't recommend using that as your only workout to lose weight. Balance it with other work outs, so it won't bulk up the calf muscles too quickly.

I tried rope skipping for weight loss before. It does make you sweat a lot. But it build up calf muscles pretty fast as well. So I don't recommend using that as your only workout to lose weight. Balance it with other work outs, so it won't bulk up the calf muscles too quickly.
Skipping is not an exercise that will build super big calf muscles, Calves are a difficult muscle to grow and calf muscle size is mostly a genetic trait. Often as you loose fat and improve muscle definition a muscle will appear bigger because you can see it better without the fat layer.

The most common silicon implant for men is calves because they are so hard to grow in comparison to other muscles.

Skipping is however a great high intensity cardio exercise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back