Rob's Reboot

Rob, have you hit GW yet?
Just hit this morning! Well kind of I made the 160 that I originally set as a goal back when I started. Closest thing to a goal weight I have had. I have been in maintenance bouncing around 161 to 163 all month, this morning I bounded down to the 160.

How are you doing? Check in with us when you can, would be good to hear from you.

this morning I bounded down to the 160.
Woo-hoo! :hurray:

And hello Rob, whose actual diary this is :waving:- cheers for your good maintenance in a stressy time, and good wishes for that last 25 pounds down. :)

Hello again, my diary and to my old weight loss support forum friends. I hope you are all well. :beating:

It's about time for an update and a new return to my diary. I have good news. I just hit my original goal weight again and I weigh 185.6 as of this morning. Much more significant is the fact that I have not binged in over 3 months!! Boy, I was on a real roller coaster there for a long time. I have found a solution that works for me now which is essentially social support, willing supportive friends are more important than exercise and diet. That was the hold up and I couldn't quite work it out here but these pages are filled with my efforts to try to solve it myself with brute force. Wasn't going happen for me and stepping away for a time was the right thing.

I came to create an initial post (again) and I plan to return and continue with several of my weight loss journey goals including long-term maintenance, dietary and fitness goals. I'd like to work out the proper body weight for me. I could use some advice for anyone willing to share their perspective for this and anything I post here as well. I feel like my weight right now might be ideal. I feel and look "skinny" to myself but I do still have some fat around my midsection and I could stand to build some more muscle. So the next thing I'd like to work on is strengthening and possibly building muscle for my long term health. I have so much to do to work out a long-term exercise plan that will sustain me that is adaptable. A third thing is to work on my measurements like waist, chest, arms. I haven't taken a close look at them and I think there is work to be done. I certainly will be trying to keep the fat off my mid section as that area of accumulation is especially associated with poorer health outcomes in men.

I would also like to follow along others' diaries again. I think I can and I hope to be more present for others here compared to my previous time on the forum. I will not be posting every day and I won't be regularly posting calories, workouts, or other progress measures here. I will sometimes post them to help monitor progress but I don't feel it would be helpful otherwise.

I look forward to getting back up to speed with your lives, meeting new people, and posting on your diaries soon! :) :waving:

Hey Rob, great to have you back! And even greater that you are doing so well. I am looking forward to hearing more of your story. How are you managing the binges? Over 3 months is very impressive!
I feel and look "skinny" to myself but I do still have some fat around my midsection and I could stand to build some more muscle.
I can relate to that, I am skinnier than I ever imagined possible, but still can see some belly fat, probably always will. I am also now in maintenance and kind of struggling with it. Somehow it just isn't as rewarding or... well fun as losing weight. But I know its just as important so I am trying my best. Looking forward to hearing how you are managing.

Hi Rob, talking about it helps and staying away from all-consuming obsessive thinking. I was exercising way too much and restricting way too much in my previous posts. Being kinder to my body helps.
Thanks Rob, the staying away from "all-consuming obsessive thinking" is something I have been struggling with a bit lately. I find myself obsessing over what I am eating more so than I did when losing weight, and don't like the way it feels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Great to see you doing so well!

I'm down another 3 pounds. I've been increasing fats while reducing carbs and keeping my protein high. I am eating about 200 more calories a day but I've still been losing weight at the same rate. After the first week of that, my energy levels dropped and I felt sick and fatigued. That has largely gone away. I've been cooking a little more and walking and weight training and running but not as far. I can see progress in the amount I'm lifting.

Sounds like you're doing great then. Changing things up sometimes and trying new things can be very helpful.

Merry Christmas, Rob & here's to a new, healthy & happy New Year. It's great that you are being kinder to yourself & finding that balance. Maintenance is as hard as weight-loss & finding the right balance is not easy.

Today my weight dropped below 180 which is more than 150 pounds down from my peak weight about 3 years ago. The journey has been long and hard but I'm so thankful I made it here. I have learned a lot about healthy behaviors, food choices, my fitness, and my emotional well-being. I'm not sure I would have gained this knowledge, at least not in the same way, if I had weight loss surgery.

Wrt my fitness, I will lose a few more pounds to get to 175 to see how that feels and while I'm dropping I'm trying to maintain my muscle mass so I'm still eating a lot of protein (about 180g) and less carbs/more fat. I run and walk and I do about 6 main lifting exercises--squats, bench, overhead press, dead lifts, row, lat pull down--and a few others less consistently. I also stretch/foam roll, do functional exercises and core and other strengthening exercises.

I have definitely built some muscle over the past several months. My metabolism has increased and I have gained a lot of strength. I can't eat less than 2000 calories without feeling famished and I will lose 1.5 pounds per week if I eat that amount continuously. It seems like I can maintain if I eat at about 2500-3000. I haven't always precisely measured the chicken I eat. I was not taking into account raw versus cooked serving amounts for a long time.

I keep intending to explore other parts of this forum and others' diaries but I don't have enough time in my day to follow along with what everyone is posting. Ahh!

Sounds like you're doing wonderfully well! We appreciate the update; don't worry about not posting/following along all the time here.

Today my weight dropped below 180 which is more than 150 pounds down from my peak weight about 3 years ago. The journey has been long and hard but I'm so thankful I made it here. I have learned a lot about healthy behaviors, food choices, my fitness, and my emotional well-being. I'm not sure I would have gained this knowledge, at least not in the same way, if I had weight loss surgery.
You have come such a long way, Rob & have learned so much. I don't think weight-loss surgery teaches you anything much at all.
It's wonderful to hear how well you're doing. Well done on keeping up your muscle mass & your metabolism. It has been good to follow your ups & downs & I'm glad that you pop back in to let us know how you're going.

You are doing everything right. My only recommendation would be to try to include some strength training in your exercise regimen

Hi WLSF people! :waving: New look, new features I see. Interesting.

Here to give an update and comment on some of what I was doing before. I am now at 167.6 lbs with a BMI of 22.5. I have continued to run and walk and picked up pickleball recently. I plan to get back into weight training soon. My diet is pescatarian WFPB and has made a world of difference for me.

What I was doing before to lose weight was absolutely insane. I was way off with eating too few calories and over exercising. I still have that mentality sometimes but it has been lessening a great deal and with it, the binges have all but gone away.

I'm not sure how active I'll be on here. Mostly, I'd like to just maintain my weight and fitness and continue to try to follow along with new information.

Good to see a lot of the same wonderfully supportive people from before and some new faces. I like that the silly icons are all still here too! :D

Hey, Rob :D
I am now at 167.6 lbs with a BMI of 22.5.
Excellent! I'm glad you have found what suits you.
The forum was down for a couple of weeks but has come back even better I think. We have more smilies too:smilielol5:

Back