Rob's Reboot

Ah, yes, I remember now. Mr. B has been dominating the conversation for far too long. He’s a part of me among many others. I’ve heard what he has to say. I’ve been overrun with his fear and screaming. There’s so much more to me than Mr. B. Mr. B did his job. He was telling me something is not quite right. He was right. I was in too large of a deficit; I was restricting too much; I was over exercising; I was not listening to my body. He was warning me but he carried me away. He will always be a part of me and I am grateful but it’s time for me to listen to the others. I don’t need to hear from Mr. B so much anymore.

I'm glad that you are going to take notice of that other B, the one who puts the brakes on & also keeps a good eye on you.

That really worries me as well, I get a lot of positive reinforcement from losing weight and being able to do new things. I worry about how I can sustain things in maintenance.

You know those weeks when you don’t lose anything? It was kind of that feeling for me. I lost my way pretty quickly. I just didn’t know how to be. With the gains and the additional time now though, I know it’s what I want so I hope I can get back there.

I found it hard to stay focused after reaching my goal weight. Now that I've got a couple of kilos to lose again it seems to make more sense again. Weird how my vanity is more motivating than my health - and I don't think of myself as a particularly vain person.

There's a transition happening corresponding to the new position. Not sure where I'll end up but I feel like I'm moving in a healthier direction.
You mean a transition in your job? Either way moving in a healthier direction sounds good.

Hey Rob, it's been a while I hope all is well with you.

Check in and let us know how you are. I know there are lots of folks who would like to hear from you.

You beat me to it. I was wondering about Rob yesterday.
Hope you're ok, Rob. This is one hell of a tough year.

Hey everybody! How are you?? I missed your earlier posts in May. I am doing well. I’ve been busy with the new position. It’s great but I’m still getting up to speed. I started completely remotely and have only ever been to the office twice. People are not physical distancing or wearing masks where I am so I limit going out.

My weight is about the same as it was about 3 months ago, around 200, pretty good I think considering the new stress. Would still like to get to 175. I am not going to get to it by beating myself up and restricting like I was before. I recently backed off the running but I’m starting to add in weights.

Rob, have you hit GW yet? How are you Cate, liza, LaMa, Amy? Hope you all are well.

Great to hear from you again Rob! Glad you are doing well :) That's great that you could at least maintain during this time of stress--(both covid and a new job...)
I hope you'll keep posting

It’s lovely to hear from you, Rob & know that you are doing well. Good to hear that you have maintained for 3 months. I think that will help you to make minor adjustments to lose a bit more when you’re ready. More activity will probably do the trick, especially weights. You sound relaxed.
Edit: I forgot to tell you. I now have a lovely rescue dog. I’m not sure who rescued who. He’s a terrier, 5&1/2 yrs old & I have had him 2 months on Thursday. He gets me out walking a lot. I found that I was getting “clucky” whenever I saw a dog. I got lucky. His name is Archie.
5DBB333C-4253-4461-B51C-BF1BBD8D8755.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s lovely to hear from you, Rob & know that you are doing well. Good to hear that you have maintained for 3 months. I think that will help you to make minor adjustments to lose a bit more when you’re ready. More activity will probably do the trick, especially weights. You sound relaxed.
Edit: I forgot to tell you. I now have a lovely rescue dog. I’m not sure who rescued who. He’s a terrier, 5&1/2 yrs old & I have had him 2 months on Thursday. He gets me out walking a lot. I found that I was getting “clucky” whenever I saw a dog. I got lucky. His name is Archie.
View attachment 35557

That’s so fantastic, Cate! He looks like a happy dog.

Re relaxed: lol. Still quite squirrelly but still getting better too especially when I do all the right things. :)

Hey Rob, great to hear from you, and it sounds like you are doing fine, that's good. Maintaining for 3 months is not a bad thing at all. Hope you are able to get to 175, I am sure that would be good for you. Weights rather than running is probably helping with some of your physical issues, are you feeling good?

No, I have not hit my goal weight, but I think I am very close. Problem is I am not sure what my goal should be.

Being less squirelly plus maintaining at a time when almost everyone was stressed and gained weight is a win in my book.

Back