Red Line Accross Stomach

Hey Guys,

OK so basically I've got this red line accross my stomach and I hate it, I think its from maybe sitting down too much, and the fact I'm a tall lad, any way if you could tell me the best way to get rid of it, that would be gerat.

I am 6 foot 6, 15 stone which is 210lbs, I've been going to the gym recently, and it is helping my figure, I'm starting to fill out, like get bigger arms etc, but nothing has happened for my stomach, I've a belly and a red line, and can't get rid of them, so any idea would be great.

Here are some pics:

I think I'm a bit to pudgy/fat around the stomach and sides, I just can't get rid of it lol

Thanks,

Tim

Dude! you aren't really overweight or obese!
With a plan, a committment, and some motivation, you could have a whole new look in a year, maybe even sooner.

I'm not sure what you are doing in the gym, but if you are following a good program and your eating habits are healthy (that's going to be the most important thing), then keep in mind that you'll notice moderate weight loss around the stomach while everything else seems to shape up quicker.
But you will see results and eventually the weight will come off around your stomach too, so keep at it.
Don't buy into spot reduction like most people...it's a complete myth.

Here's a good article about it...

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply :)

Hmm well I've been going to the gym for maybe 2 and a half, 3 months now, to be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing, or if it is right, I'd just do 20 minutes on the exercise bike and then 30-40minutes on weights, like the weight machines, not bench press things, then I'd do a few lengths in the pool, I would do this 4 times a week.

I just want to kind of bulk out, and get rid of the flab I guess, I'm tall as I say, and I don't like being really skinny, I used to be a lot worse than those pictures, but I've filled out from the gym, but I'd just like to put a bit of bulk/muscle on around my chest/stomach/gerneral abdomen area, so I hope I'm going about it the right way.

I used to be really skinny, so I decide to eat and eat and eat, to try put on weight, I did put on weight, and got fatty and flabby, now I'm trying to get rid of this, and put on muscle I guess.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply :)

Hmm, well I've been going to the gym for maybe 2 and a half 3 months now, to be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing, or if it is right, I'd just do 20minutes on the exercise bike and then 30-40minutes on weights, like the weight machines, not bench press things, then I'd do a few lengths, I would do this 4 times a week.

I just want to kind of bulk out, and get rid of the flab I guess, I'm tall as I say, and I don't like being really skinny, I used to be a lot worse in those pictures, but I've filled out from the gym, but I'd just like to put a bit of bulk/muscle on around my chest/stomach/general abdomen area, so I hope I'm going about it the right way.

Thanks again.

Well, give yourself a huge pat on the back for not being lazy, getting your ass into the gym, and putting in an effort. The most important question to ask you first, especially when you are weight training, are you absolutely 100% positive that you are using proper form? Safety first is the most important thing that should be considered in the gym. If there's a chance that your form is not perfect, please reach out for help with one of the trainers in your gym...that's there job.

My second question is what are you eating every day?
What you eat will count for most of the reason as to why or why not people achieve their goal...

Oh, and as far as the red line across your stomach, how do you think you got that red line?
If you think it's from sitting down, try checking your posture, and making sure your sitting up straight...it's better for your back anyways.

I would invest in a bottle of this...

You can rub it on the area as much as you want.
Over time, you'll see that it will help minimize the appearance of that red line.

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
Hi again,

I think I am doing the machines right, as I have never had any problems with pain or anything like that, sure the first week or two I got pains in my arms, but I figured that to be just using muscles I hadn't in a while, my arms have got bigger, and I feel stronger, so I think in that regard, it is going well, and I'm doing them safely.

Eating is a problem for me, as of late (ever since I've started going to the gym) I've been put off food to be honest, I used to eat loads of crisps and sweets, but not anymore, I haven't had any in ages. I have never eaten breakfast, as I usually feel sick if I do, but I think I'm going to try and start, by having corn flakes every morning or something. For lunch I would have a chicken roll or ham sandwitch or a bag of noodles, some days I can skip lunch, and for dinner it varies, usually its frozen food though, like chicken and potatoes, or pasta or beef, I always have meat with dinners, I couldn't do this vegetarian stuff :p now and again I'd have an apple, I'm going to try and eat one everyday.

I really don't know a lot about food and what is healthy or not.

If it helps I go to the gym in the mornings. So whenever I eat food, I think damn, thats going to stay in my stomach all day, as the gym is my only form of exercise to be honest.

I'm pretty sure its due to my height, and the fact I have a belly, and it creases when I sit down, so I will defo buy a bottle of that stuff.

Many Thanks :)

Hi again,

I think I am doing the machines right, as I have never had any problems with pain or anything like that, sure the first week or two I got pains in my arms, but I figured that to be just using muscles I hadn't in a while, my arms have got bigger, and I feel stronger, so I think in that regard, it is going well, and I'm doing them safely.

Eating is a problem for me, as of late (ever since I've started going to the gym) I've been put off food to be honest, I used to eat loads of crisps and sweets, but not anymore, I haven't had any in ages. I have never eaten breakfast, as I usually feel sick if I do, but I think I'm going to try and start, by having corn flakes every morning or something. For lunch I would have a chicken roll or ham sandwich or a bag of noodles, some days I can skip lunch, and for dinner it varies, usually its frozen food though, like chicken and potatoes, or pasta or beef, I always have meat with dinners, I couldn't do this vegetarian stuff :p now and again I'd have an apple, I'm going to try and eat one everyday.

I really don't know a lot about food, and what is healthy or not.

If it helps I go to the gym in the mornings. So whenever I eat food, I think damn, thats going to stay in my stomach all day, as the gym is my only form of exercise to be honest.

I'm pretty sure its due to my height, and the fact I have a belly, and it creases when I sit down, so I will defo buy a bottle of that stuff.

Many Thanks :)

Getting your eating habits where it should be is going to be key, the most important in getting where you want to be.
Make that your first priority.

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

OK so basically I've got this red line accross my stomach and I hate it, I think its from maybe sitting down too much, and the fact I'm a tall lad, any way if you could tell me the best way to get rid of it, that would be gerat.

I am 6 foot 6, 15 stone which is 210lbs, I've been going to the gym recently, and it is helping my figure, I'm starting to fill out, like get bigger arms etc, but nothing has happened for my stomach, I've a belly and a red line, and can't get rid of them, so any idea would be great.

Here are some pics:

I think I'm a bit to pudgy/fat around the stomach and sides, I just can't get rid of it lol

Thanks,

Tim

I know exactly why you have that! It's because when you sit down, you don't keep your back straight. You sort of lean forward which keeps that area always "bending" so it produces that red line. I had the exact same red mark and it went away after I started sitting straight and trust me, I'm much larger than you are lol. When you sit down, sit straight up. Sometimes I forget this and the red line appears. I think you're a tall person, so you have to sort of maybe look down when you're doing stuff, so you should try to keep everything eye level so you'll keep your back straight.

Last edited:
'a bottle of stuff' wont' fix anything if you're eating crappy food.

do weights first, cardio second (or on a different day altogether).

you're not fat at all. You're undermuscled. if anything you need to lift more weights, and eat more...pack on the muscle.

'a bottle of stuff' wont' fix anything if you're eating crappy food.

do weights first, cardio second (or on a different day altogether).

you're not fat at all. You're undermuscled. if anything you need to lift more weights, and eat more...pack on the muscle.

Agreed, he can gain muscle definition and proportion faster than he expects with the right eating plan and exercise program.

You don't honestly think I suggested that Vitamin E gel as an answer to all his problems, did you?
Vitamin E isn't "stuff"...it will not hurt, or will not do nothing. Vitamin E isn't placebo, especially when it comes to skin. It will definitely help.

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
Thanks guy for the replies!

Hmm I was looking about eating, and seemingly if I ate five small meals a day it would be better than threee.

So like what type of meals are we talking about though, as I really have no idea?

At the Moment I eat:

Lunch - Chicken Roll/sambo
Dinner - Varies really, but frozen stuff, like waffles, chickem breasts, fish fingers etc
Snack - late at night I might have something else like a pizza, though it is uncommon that I would do this, though I did have a frozen burger yesterday.

Any help would be great, as I appreciate all the help given so far :)

Thanks guy for the replies!

Hmm I was looking about eating, and seemingly if I ate five small meals a day it would be better than threee.

So like what type of meals are we talking about though, as I really have no idea?

At the Moment I eat:

Lunch - Chicken Roll/sambo
Dinner - Varies really, but frozen stuff, like waffles, chickem breasts, fish fingers etc
Snack - late at night I might have something else like a pizza, though it is uncommon that I would do this, though I did have a frozen burger yesterday.

Any help would be great, as I appreciate all the help given so far :)

Are there any foods or certain types of foods that you are allergic to?

Jason Salamone

yes this is from sitting down too much with a pudgy stomach. Go ahead and get some diet if you want it out, put some lotion on it to make the skin softer and less traumatized. Try not to wear tight clothing as well. But on the other hand, it doesnt really look bothering..

Back