RayRay's Weight Loss Journal

Hi Ray I brought myself a bottle of coke the other day thinking I would have a "naughty" moment lol and it tasted discussing. It’s been 8 months since ive had coke …. How things change lol.

Today was an awesome day.....for starters I woke up this morning at 4:30 ready to go and work out. I arrived at the gym @ exactly 5 am and began my workout

-30 minutes of elliptical(522 calories)
-ab machine(5 sets of 15)
-lower back machine(4 sets of 30)
-inner thigh machine(4 sets of 15)
-I don't know the name of this machine but it works your butt and the back of your thighs(4 sets of 15)
-Another leg machine(4 sets of 15)
-30 minutes of elliptical(499)

I felt so good today cause of my workout. I just felt like I had so much energy.

As far as eating goes this is what I had today:(include my 2 liters of water)
Breakfast
-2 cups of granola w/ 1% milk
Lunch
-Lean Cuzine 3 cheese chicken w/ side of brocilli
-2 pretzels
Snack
-sunflower seeds
Dinner
-baked chicken and brown rice

So overall I feel like I am on the right path. I have been working my butt off and I can't wait for the payoff. Hopefully this time next year I will be able to wear a cute bikini....okay maybe not a bikini but a cute tankini. Im determined to make this happen. Once I tell myself I am going to do something.....I don't give up. I want this soooooo bad.

Hey Ray Ray!
I am curious, what part of Maryland are you from? I too live in Maryland, White Marsh to be exact, and I also belong to Golds Gym (and Bally's) Sorry if I am being nosey, but Maryland is a small state, and would it not be funny if we work out the same gym?

LuvdByAngels3 said:
Hey Ray Ray!
I am curious, what part of Maryland are you from? I too live in Maryland, White Marsh to be exact, and I also belong to Golds Gym (and Bally's) Sorry if I am being nosey, but Maryland is a small state, and would it not be funny if we work out the same gym?

I live in Silver Spring, Maryland. And I work out at the Golds Gym in Rockville. But White Mash is about 45 minutes to and hour from where I live. I kinda wish I knew people to work out with...but I did meet this nice lady that is at the gym early every morning.

Wow your doing great :) your routine at the gym looks good, glad your motivated to do this, this time next year youll be strutting your stuff in that tankini no prob ;) :)

NIce job RayRay! It sounds like you are kickin butt at the gym...congrats on the motivation in getting up so early. I usually do that to go to my walks..but i need to think about joining a gym i think for the winter..and i know ill be doing that to get my workout in

Hey people....what has been happening.

Im sorry I haven't written in a few days. My weekend was jam packed and I am so excited that I finally got out and had a good time. Well on Saturday I went to the pool with my son all day. Im so glad that he loves the water because last year he was terrified of it. He is getting use to the mechanics of using his arms and his legs. Then on Sunday we had a family day and we went to the park for a little bit and let him ride his bike. To some of you it probably isn't that exciting but to me it was great. It feels good to not be so tired since I am working so many hours a week. I actually have energy to go and do stuff with my son on the weekends. Hmmm....I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that I have been working out so much.

So anyway today I didn't make it to the gym. I went yesterday(sunday) and worked my butt off. I focused on the upper body yesterday and did the admonial machine,lower back, overhead press, chest press, arm curls, arm extentions, and rows(for the back). Then I did an hour on the elliptical(my new best friend). I worked hard as hell yesterday and I woke up this morning with the stiffest arms and stomach in my life. I guess that means its working right.

So today this is what I ate:
BREAKFAST
-soy meal replacement shake
LUNCH
-lean cuzine chesse rigitoni
-pretzels
SNACK
-tuna fish
DINNER
-cottage cheese
-corn
SNACK
-sunflower seeds
of course I am working on my 3rd liter of water.

I felt so good today because on of my co workers noticed that I slimming down some. And the best part is that I didn't tell her that I was going to the gym and trying to lose weight. This is what drives me and makes me want to work so hard. Plus yesterday when I went to the gym I weighted myself and I am not down to 271 lbs.So I have totally lost 8 lbs and I am happy about that. :D

Yes....Im still here going stronger than I expected. I have to be honest....I thought that I would have given up by now. Now I feel like I have to keep going I can't stop. Even though it has been about 2 weeks I feel so much different. I have to admit that this feeling is awesome.

Anyway....My workout today included:
-45 minutes of the elliptical(burned 741)
-leg curls(4 sets of 15)
-I think they are called leg extentsion(4 sets of 15)
-hip abduction machine(4 sets of 15)
-15 minutes of elliptical(253)
Total calories burned=994

What I ate:
BREAKFAST
-cup of granola w/ 1% milk
LUNCH
-Lean Cuizine tereakyi chicken
-2 pretzels
SNACK
-Croutons
No dinner tonight for me. I am stuffed and tired. I am so ready to go to sleep. Back to the same old thing tomorrow.

You are doing awesome Ray! I am very impressed by your motivation & drive. I know what you mean about usually giving up..i usually only last 3 months tops...Ive been doing this since Jan and im still going strong & it amazes me everyday. I like that you're doing soy in your diet...so good for you! Your food looked a little low yesterday..be careful of that ...sometimes you can eat too little and your body will hold onto it in a starvation mode. Nice job at the gym...great workout!

Whew....what is going on everyone? Before I get started I wanted to ask stoptheexcuses a question....okay, you said that you have been doing this since January. How much have you lost and are you close to your goal weight?

Okay....so today this is what my workout consisted of:
-elliptical for 48 minutes....I wanted to go longer but I was running late for work(calories burned=750)
-overhead press(4 sets of 15)
-chest press(4 sets of 15)
-rows( 4 sets of 15)
-arm curls(4 sets of 15)
-arm extenstion(4 sets of 15)
-lower back machine(4 sets of 30)
-ab machine(4 sets of 15)

What I ate:
BREAKFAST
-4 mini corn muffins
LUNCH
-6 inch Subway turkey sandwich
-2 pretzels
DINNER
-homemade pizza

Does anyone that is reading this know excatly what it means when your muscles ache from lifting weights? Does that mean that it is working and you are building muscle or is it something else?

WOOT...WOOT.

I am so ready to start this holiday weekend. I need this 3 day weekend so bad. This entry won't be long because I am getting ready to go out with my cousin and auntie.

Okay so this morning I woke up to get to the gym by 7:00. My workout consisted of:
-30 minutes of elliptical(503calories)
-hip abduction(4 sets of 15)
-hip adduction....for your butt(5 sets of 15)
-leg curls(4 sets of 15)
-leg extenstions(4 sets of 15)
-30 minutes of elliptical(500 calories)

What I ate so far today:
-I missed out on breakfast but I ate an early lunch @ Burger King w/my son. He has been bugging me since forever to take him there so he can get one of the Fantastic 4 toys. I had a shrimp salad from there which was suprisingly good.
-Snack:Sunflower Seeds
-Dinner(which I haven't had yet but I am leaving soon). I am going to Joes Crab Shack. For those that aren't familiar with it it is a fantastic seafood place.
(of course I have been faithful to my good ol' H2O)

I will be back tomorrow to update on my dinner and also add a new entry for my crazy upper body workout at the gym. See ya then

Back