quitting smoking

Day 26.

I can't imagine that less than a month ago I smoked. It does not feel like something that I would do. Yet I did. Strange.

I am glad that I quit.

Day 28!

Not smoking in the last days was super easy. Zero temptation.

I am now only going to update this thread every week, unless there is something to report.

Day 35.

It was extremely easy to not smoke this week. No temptation at all. Today a colleague offered me a cigarette, but I refused, which was not challenging.

My brother also quit smoking (independently of me; I did not tell him before he told me he quit). He quit for over a week now, so I encouraged him to continue, because I know that after a week the worst part is already over.

Now the only one who is smoking in our family is my sister, and of course it's up to her to quit or not. She quit when she was pregnant, so she has done it before and can do it again. There used to be four smokers in our household (out of seven), so it's already a lot better. I would hate to see family members dying of lung cancer, that is why I care.

Day 42 - 6 weeks of no smoking. I can't relate to my older smoking self anymore. It feels like it's a lifetime ago that I did that!

I posted a similar post in my "quitting alcohol" thread: I want to reduce the amount of threads that I have to maintain, so I choose to continue writing about this topic in my weight loss diary, that is, if there is anything new to report.

So, if a mod reads this post, this thread can be closed. Otherwise, let it slowly sink to the bottom.

If anyone wishes to discuss this topic with me, feel free to PM me or to pay a visit to my weight loss diary.

What are you doing guys to quit smoking forever. I am even trying to quit smoking for long time. But didn't succeed yet. Please tell me the best way to quit smoking.

perhaps you should take up a hobby... such as last year... i spent quite a bit of time gardening. ...:)

IMG_E3062.JPG

i should probably point out a few things...

1) i live in California.
2) i've never smoked a cigarette in my life.
3) with respect to this site, the "munchies" are a myth i've only witnessed on TV or in movies but never in real life.

Last edited:
Back