Quitting Shakeology

Okay so long story short I signed up for Shakeology (a friend was doing it as well)
With signing up I also began to do Insanity, the goal was some weight loss. I ended up losing the near 20 pounds I wanted in only one short month. I have nothing against the shakes, but they are very pricey and difficult for me to afford. If I come off these shakes, but continue to eat healthy will I put some weight back on? Does anyone have any reviews/experience coming off a health shake like this. I'd love some feedback.

My current weight is 177
My meals typically go as follows:

Breakfast - Shakeology
Lunch - Spinach salad with fruits and nuts
Dinner - whatever I feel like cooking (usually a vegetarian meal with my girlfriend consisting of soy/tofu/wheat products and vegetables.)

As I said above I also do Insanity six times a week.

Any advice/experience would be great!

Weight gain, loss or maintenance is formula driven.

Input = Output = Stable weight
Input > Output = Increased weight
Input < Output = Decreasing weight

In short if you eat a sensible balanced diet that contains only the calories you need you will stay the same weight, if you eat less you will continue to lose it.

There is a complication. Many of the miracle short term weight loss aids cause short term dehydration. This is good marketing as people see the needle drop on the scales when the very heavy water disappears, think wonderful. They then stop the program, eat normally, water comes back needle goes back up, horrified people go back to the miracle aid.
Use some form of calorie counter app to keep an eye on what you are eating and be totally honest about everything that passes your lips, this will help you immensely as a guide.

Weight gain, loss or maintenance is formula driven.

Input = Output = Stable weight
Input > Output = Increased weight
Input < Output = Decreasing weight

In short if you eat a sensible balanced diet that contains only the calories you need you will stay the same weight, if you eat less you will continue to lose it.

There is a complication. Many of the miracle short term weight loss aids cause short term dehydration. This is good marketing as people see the needle drop on the scales when the very heavy water disappears, think wonderful. They then stop the program, eat normally, water comes back needle goes back up, horrified people go back to the miracle aid.
Use some form of calorie counter app to keep an eye on what you are eating and be totally honest about everything that passes your lips, this will help you immensely as a guide.

I have been doing this. 1,500 calories or less a day. I'm always honest, if not generous with the caloric intake. If I don't know exactly how much I round up on whatever it is I'm eating. I feel like I'm starting to plateau and don't want the needle to go too far back up.

If what you have lost is some fat and a lot of water the needle will rise and that is not a bad thing. Human beings are pathetic with regards dehydration so it is important to redress the balance.
I am always saying be honest with calories as many I have known forget the liquid diet when looking at intake, as if beer is water. It is not personal, just personal experience.
On 1,500 calories with intense excercise you should lose weight, unless you are 3 feet tall. Coming off the shakes may cause a short term plateau or even rise until your body gets back to normal balance. Give this a few weeks then start looking at trends. If weight is rising, look at reducing intake in a balanced rather than cut out style and possibly look at varying your training.

Variation in trainin is important. Familiarity builds efficiency and technique, good things in many ways not so much for overload. I am a genetically gifted runner and even for my size run a good distance pace, others my shape and condition running my pace would often burn more calories than I do, because I am efficient and practiced. Cycling I am practiced but not a natural, someone more suited would burn less energy than I do because they would again be more efficient.
Much as it seems crazy to do best in your training, especially for weight loss where energy consumption is so key, you must do things you aren't good at to make yourself work harder and burn more. Not so alien that you can't do or risk injury, just enough that it's hard. My system is to keep a few old faithfuls in my routines but change everything else regularly, every 8 weeks.

I love shakeology and have drank it in the past. But I had to quit using myself as well because of the ridiculous price. The beachbody coaches pitch shakeology as "it's only $4 a day, who can't afford $4 a day?" But if you think about it it really isn't $4 a day. It's $4 a day if you just drink it with water. But if you use milk, fruit, peanut butter, and so on it is not $4 a day.

Everybody's body is different. I quit drinking Shakeology after I completed P90X and I never gained the weight back. I must have made it past my fat point.

If you continue to eat healthy and do enough cardio to keep your metabolism high enough you should have no trouble keeping the weight off.

Your diet looks good just make sure you are taking in enough calories, I'm sure you burn plenty of calories during the Insanity workouts.

Which Insanity are you doing the original or Insanity the Asylum?

I have only done a few workouts with the original but I did all of Insanity the Asylum. It lives up to its name, it is nuts!

Back