Question about weight

Hello- I just have a question for anyone that can help me out.
Its really bugging me lately that my doctor, family, friends, and even boyfriend are saying I've been losing to much weight. Back in August 03' I weighed 135- I'm 5'5 female 22 years old. I thought 135 was an ideal weight for someone my age etc. I went to my doctor last Saturday and she took my weight and I weighed 121. She said this isn't normal for someone my age-with my athletic backround, she said I shouldn't have lost this much weight in this amount of time- Does anyone agree or am I fine? I'm not dieting- I'm not really even working out that much right now- just stressed out for the most part it seems like- so I dont know how I lost the weight. They're making me mad sometimes by saying it like I'm making myself sick or something to lose it. I don't get it, now i'm getting pressure to see an internist to get further tests taken- Please give feedback if anyone has anything to say. Thank You

14lb weight loss in a couple of months with no explanation?

i would look into it.

That may be on the lighter side for your age - but most importantly - how do YOU feel? Your Dr knows best, and it wouldn't hurt to follow through on tests to make sure nothing else is going on. Depending on how active & muscular you were before, some weight loss could be contributed to muscle loss & stress, since you said you're not nearly as active as you used to be, and you've been stressing lately. Good luck.

Back