Quest

I'm starting a journal because I'm done being fat. I've always wondered what life must be like for those who aren't obese or overweight and now I'm going to find out.

And it's going to be fun. I'm going to make it fun.

It's sad but I don't even know what my starting weight is. I've been avoiding the scale for several months now. It's back at home. Will be back on today to post stats.

My starting weight is 238.4 pounds. I'm 5' 9".

I don't have a goal weight.
I have a goal state. The goal state is to be able to walk into a clothing store and find clothes that fit comfortably, to have a doctor declare me normal weight and to be able to look in the mirror without cringing. I don't know how many pounds of weight loss that will take.

I realize that not having a a defining goal number is like setting off on a journey without a heading but that's alright with me. All I know is that I don't want to stay at the place I am now. I'll aim for the closest place I can see in the distance, let's say 230 pounds. I've lost/regained 10 pounds before so this is a reasonable place to aim for. Once there, I'll decide where to aim for next.

I like your idea of having a goal state. Just keep asking yourself 'how do I want to feel?' and aim to bring as much of that feeling into the process as possible.

Good luck on your quest.

Insight to life being fit:
Ease of movement, enjoyable endurance for physical activities, energy coupled with impulses to moving, that galvinizing feeling of wellbeing in general with emphasis after exercise

I hope this insight helps. :)

What have you done to effect your goals since you started this journal?

Back