Pushups and situps each night

I am 6 feet 1 inch, 155 pounds. I have never really worked out and i'm fairly skinny but after a month and and half i have seen some promising results. Each night I do 50 push ups and sit ups to build alittle muscle. I just do it on the floor and its very repetative but I do not mind that. I was wondering if it was healthy to continually do this, i heard that you need to give muscles time to heal to get better results. Also, i wanted to ask if there were any other good, simple, routines i could do. I think that's about it, my goal is to get a six pack and whatever else i guess. I like to be modest and secretive about this because i'm only doing it for myself and a girl who doesn't care if i do it or not, so i'm not into weights or machines.

Umm, also i am 17

Try this little workout that I found on the navy seals website:
(to be done: m/w/f)
note: pullups are with your palms AWAY from you ... it's a bit tougher

WEEK #1:
4X15 PUSHUPS
4X20 SITUPS
3X3 PULL UPS

WEEK #2:
5X20 PUSHUPS
5X20 SITUPS
3X3 PULL UPS

WEEK #3,4:
5X25 PUSHUPS
5X25 SITUPS
3X4 PULL UPS

WEEK #5,6:
6X25 PUSHUPS
6X25 SITUPS
2X8 PULL UPS

WEEK #7,8:
6X30 PUSHUPS
6X30 SITUPS
2X10 PULL UPS

WEEK #9:
6X30 PUSHUPS
6X30 SITUPS
3X10 PULL UPS

i don't understand how sets work. 4 sets of 15 push ups? do i go 60 push ups, 80 sit ups, and 9 pull ups the first week, every monday wednesday and friday? I do not really understand what a pull up is but i'm looking it up. Kind of fun to ask these questions anonymously, i still feel like a fool though.

yea, i guess i kind of left a key part out ... alternate through each set, pushups->situps->pull-ups->repeat

as for the pull-ups ... think of how you do a chin up. When you grab the bar, the palm of your hands & fingernails are facing you ... when you do a pull-up, it's the opposite .. i hope that explains it better.

squats and lunges can be affective, but after they start getting easier, you need to add weight and/or increase the amount you do, for lunges, hold free weights in your hands with your arms the same way you do them regularly, make sure to not let your knee go past your toe when you do them tho, like with the leg that is in front, and the foot in front of you, if you let it go past, you'll get mayjor injuries. for squats, you use a bar to add weight...the bar goes behind your neck. p.s. sorry if you already knew a lot of what i said

yes, they can. We do that kind of training for almost all the sports i've ever played in ... we do lunges for about 60 m and then back. For squats, it's just a time drill .. you can start with your back against a wall, but as you progress, do it just standing ... works your stablizer muscles in your knees too, which don't get worked that often with most exercises.

the vertebre in my neck sticks out kind of far and gets in the way of the bar when adding weights to squats, what could i use?

Back