pull up bar advise

i am thinking of buying one of those unadjustable pull bars.
are they any good for training your arms???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :D ;) :p please reply

pull-ups will work your biceps some. But, they don't isolate or work them hard enough to make them big.

Pull-ups are more for lats. However, it is an awesome exercise!

I'm of the opposing opinion of rip.I think the pull-up and it's variations are excellent bicep and forearm builders.Look at recruits graduating from the United States Marine Corps.Those guys (and ladies) are required to do pull-ups three times per week and most have very impressive builds, including their arms.

If you want to hit your biceps more directly, use a supinated grip (palms facing towards you) with your hands within 12 inches of each other on the bar.These are called close-grip chin-ups.

I'd take close-grip chins over incline curls any day.

Ballast is correct, a supinated chin-up will work the bicep better than your standard wide-grip pull-up. And, it will also work the brachials and various forearm muscles.

Most bodybuilders concentrate on the biceps when training arms and neglect the triceps. What many people forget (or don't realize) is that the tricep is the biggest muscle group in the arm. It is the tricep that makes an arm look big. So, do dips, close-grip push-ups and kickbacks along with bicep exercises for those massive guns!

Back