Public Speaking

hOw has it been tony? i know what you mean no matter what you think or how confident your mind is your sympathtic nervous system does its thing. Yeah i would think B blockers would pretty much do it but they rnt over the counter are they?

I am actually taking Effective Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, and Social Issues this semester in college. Effective speaking is more or less speech. We did song reading and a persuasive speech so far. I didnt do so well on the PS, not because of anxiety, but because I didnt practice enough WITH my powerpoint. It seemed unorganized I was told. This coming week we begin our impromptu speeches.

I am doing the same speech that I just did (with more practice) for my Interpersonal Communication class Monday. Its actually about the need for stricter regulations on weight loss products and pills :)

I dont really get nervous when speaking, so much as I do before the speech. They call this pre-performance anxiety. I am joining my local toastmasters to gain greater confidence and skill.

I used to have this problem, my solution that works for me is to picture all the girls in the class naked, and it works.
Serious.

Good point
Thats probably why I am not that great at public speaking...

Cancel the thought lol

Took public speech too, don't think it has changed me much but it does alleviate some of the anxiety when you have a guided technique. I'm not the most sociable person to begin with and speaking in public is right up there w/ phobias. I guess with more practice, it gets better. One thing I learned from that course is that before you get up there, you need to really know your stuff, do a thorough research of subject at hand...and when the initial jitter fades, knowledge of topic takes place.

Back