protein supplements

what protein type supplements have you used, where did you get them, and what did you think of them in terms of effectiveness/price/taste?

I have used:

Body fortress milk and egg protein powder - good value, tastes weird at first but i soon got used to it and was gulping it down. only 16g of protein per serving but I took it morning and night and made gains so im happy for the price I paid.

Body fortress muscle and weight gainer-vanilla flavour: AWFUL! This is the most fould tasting thing I have ever come across, I almost vomit every time I take it! It is also very hard to mix. it was on special offer in holland and barratt, but now i cant wait to get rid of it!

Body fortress precision engineered whey-chocolate flavour. So far so good. Has a strong 'chocolate fudge cake' flavour which goes down nicely when mixed with milk (after some gettin used to it). 17g protein per serving and it was on offer in H&B for £10 (usually £20 i think).

(PS - Its coincidence that thy are all made by body fortress-Due to my budget I usually just get the 'best value' supp.in the shop i.e. the ones on special offer or the cheapest one with a decent amount of protein.)

i've used designer whey. switched cause it didnt mix very well, though this was years ago.

supplement directs whey. 5lbs for 20 dollars. unflavored, mixed well

eas simply whey. mixed and tasted great. switched cause they changed the name to myopro and when i had went to reorder couldnt find it cause i didnt know at the time

now using optimum nutritions whey. mixes and tastes great. 5lbs for 25 dollars at muscleshoppe

xander said:
what protein type supplements have you used, where did you get them, and what did you think of them in terms of effectiveness/price/taste?

I have used:

Body fortress milk and egg protein powder - good value, tastes weird at first but i soon got used to it and was gulping it down. only 16g of protein per serving but I took it morning and night and made gains so im happy for the price I paid.

I use Body fortress milk and egg protein powder too, strawberry flavour. How often do u have it? I usually have 2 shakes a day, and they are yummy. Do you know for how many weeks it lasts?

i took 2 shakes a day on my workout days (twice a week) and it lasted me around a month i think. And I had the unflavoured version but it was sweetened and went down fine with water.

abear-do you know how much eas/myopro averages at $$?

thanks

Xander, get Powerbeck Sports Whey & Egg Protein powder, its £20 you take 3 servings a day, thats just under 2 table spoons per serving. In total you get 100 servings that should last at least a month. And also in each serving you get 25g of protein, so more then what ur currently using.

thanks exe, but although it is 27g of protein per serving, most of that comes fom the milk you mix it with - the powder itself is onl 34% protein, wheras the powder I am using at the moment is 79% protein, so i would get more protein on gram per gram basis, even when mixed with water instead of milk.

Hi everyone,

Im sorry to butt in but have you tried Formula One
vanilla flavor from Herbalife Shake?

I tried it and so far it taste good.

theres no such thing as butting in on an open forum :D

thanks for the info. I dont think I like vanilla flavour ihn protein shakes - it makes me puke. I always go for chocolate now!

I just tried a new one - Holland and Barrat isolate soya protein. It is good value - £8 for about 800g and each serving has about 25g protein. It tastes a bit cardboardy.

The best tasting one Ive tried so far is body fortress precision engineered whey chocolate flavour. After getting used to it I actully loved the taste!

The whey protien at Costco is good, 5lb 20$ 22g a scoop. I mix about a scoop and a half with a cup of milk and it tastes pretty good and is lots of protien. The vanilla flavor is also really good, but mix it with orange juice.

Back