Weight-Loss Progressive Challenge

Weight-Loss

runforfun529

So I was thinking. True weight loss does not just come from temporary changes. I tried that, it didn't work. True weight loss comes from a change in lifestyle. Well I was thinking about something I learned at church. My religion promotes choosing one thing every month to make yourself better. For example this month I chose to go to bed before midnight. They say that after about 14 days, it becomes a habit, or at least you have a greater chance of not breaking it often.

So I decided to put that mentality into losing weight, and I thought to myself, why not let everyone else try it to. It doesn't matter if you are the same religion as me or not, we can all do this! What I'm going to do is pick 1 thing every 14 days to concentrate on in order to make it a habit. This way I won't feel overwhelmed to do everything right, and I am changing my LIFE.

For the first 14 days I'm going to present two, just to get us rolling. They shouldn't be too hard to change, but I think it's still worth it to concentrate on them.

Anyone can join, no age or gender restrictions and there is no cutoff date. If you join later and you think there are too many things for you to worry about on the list, don't worry about them all. Take the first two or three and concentrate on them til they become habit.

I hope other people want to try this with me so I'm not all alone. I think this will really help people.

If you think I should maybe add one every week instead of every two weeks, just let me know, I want to help everyone.

In the next post I will post the two things. I will just edit that post everytime I add something else. :)

So here is what we are currently tracking and trying to make a habit:

1) 8 glasses of water a day :) I know everyone says you should, now you actually are going to do it. If you are wondering why water is so important to health, go here: http://weight-loss.fitness.com/showthread.php?t=596

2) Track your calories. I never said you have to be perfect and eat under 1200 a day or anything insane like. For now, you just need to track them. But be honest. If you eat the piece of ice cream cake, add it in there. Don't worry about being a failure, no one is perfect.
A few helpful tracking sites:
http://www.fitday.com and http://www.sparkpeople.com

Last edited:
Okay

I'm in. I've been doing the calorie counting for 14 days as of today, so I can do that! The water thing still gets me. I'll commit with you. :D

I like it! This sounds like an awesome idea and I'm 100% up for this. Counting calories is a pretty regular habit for me as I've already been doing it pretty consistently for over a year but the darn water still gets me. Just when I think I've got it licked I'll go buy a 2lt of diet Pepsi and I'm hooked again.

So, I'm with ya. Water here I come :D

I wont do the calorie count thingy.. I do a rough count of my cals every day but I find myself going paranoid if I count every single one (I leave a margin of abut 50 cal a day for error in my general calculations..)

However... Starting today, June 15th, for the rest of June I will aim and push myself to drink 8 glasses of water a day. This is my pledge :)

Back