Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella Murillo

Hi

I'm Ella, 19, 5'0 and I weight 56 kg or 123 ilbs. I started going to the gym in January and have dropped from 60 to 56 kg, I've only in the recent months started dieting most probably because I haven't been going to the gym much because of winter and transferring Universities but have started getting back into it at the end of last month, I'd like some advice if at all possible or a workout/recipes recommendations if I can lose weight at least 8 or 5 kgs by december and have some form of a flat stomach and how I could go about doing that? I've given up soft drinks and sugar and have been trying to give up fast food and cook more but I find that hard because I live at home. I've attached my current workout plan if that helps and for diet I've been eating mostly grilled fish, chicken, ceasar salad, wraps, healthy burgers and if I do go out with family I stick to grilled chicken with salad but on some occasions have been eating nachos while out with family.

Thank You
Ella

Last edited:
well done so far :)

It looks like your goal is reasonable which is also good. however, your gym plan is all over the place with no consistency or balance.

Is each sheet a different day ?
How many days are you training ?
are the weights listed including the bar ? is it a standard 20 kg bar or a lightweight crossfit bar ?
what is your 1 rm for lifts ?

What is your bodyfat %

Yup each sheet is for a different day. I try to train everyday but on fridays I swim instead. I use a standard 20 kg bar but I've mostly been lifting 15 kgs for right now. My 1 rm for lifts is 21. My bodyfat % is 26%

How would I be able to fix my workout plan? Any recommendations? I would really appreciate any help/advice given to me because I really have no idea what to do in the gym. Also I eat some breakfast before I workout is that a good idea or not?

Thank You for the help

Last edited:
The reason I am trying to get information about your weights and 1 rm is to get a good idea of your lifting intensity and to work out what your reps, sets and weights should be to match your goal. I am still not sure if the weights lifted include the weight of the bar. It is also very unusual for your 1rm to be the same for all lifts.

You should NOT be targeting the same muscles every day which is counter productive and places you at risk of injury. You are also doing to many different exercises.

Your sets and reps scheme is all over the place, some exercises are in the endurance ranges, some are in the hypertrophy range and others are in the strength range but without knowing how much you are lifting compared to your maximum in each lift it is hard to give specific advice.

The ideal while cutting fat is to stay in the strength range as much as possible to minimise muscle loss while you are cutting calories.

your moderate cardio each day is ok.

Because your weight and bodyfat % are perfectly healthy, progress will be slow as you perfect your diet, which could be a little challenging while you are living with parents.

The reason I am trying to get information about your weights and 1 rm is to get a good idea of your lifting intensity and to work out what your reps, sets and weights should be to match your goal. I am still not sure if the weights lifted include the weight of the bar. It is also very unusual for your 1rm to be the same for all lifts.

You should NOT be targeting the same muscles every day which is counter productive and places you at risk of injury. You are also doing to many different exercises.

Your sets and reps scheme is all over the place, some exercises are in the endurance ranges, some are in the hypertrophy range and others are in the strength range but without knowing how much you are lifting compared to your maximum in each lift it is hard to give specific advice.

The ideal while cutting fat is to stay in the strength range as much as possible to minimise muscle loss while you are cutting calories.

your moderate cardio each day is ok.

Because your weight and bodyfat % are perfectly healthy, progress will be slow as you perfect your diet, which could be a little challenging while you are living with parents.

I've researching plans at bodybuilding.com just to see what kinds of exercises I should be doing and I'm trying to modify my plan to be similar, I'm looking at Lee Labrada's 12 week-lean body trainer: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html and Steve Cook's 8 week Modern Physique training: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/modern-physique-steve-cook-8-week-training-plan and maybe a 5 day split workout. I use a fixed weigh bar for squats and weight exercises but I've started moving on to a 20 kg bar, I haven't added any weights to it yet because the bar itself is 20 kg. For my 1rm 95% 1rm is 28, 90% rm is 26, 85% 1rm is 25, 80% 1rm is 23, 75% 1rm is 22, 70% 1rm is 20, 60% 1rm is 17, 55% 1 rm is 16, 50% 1 rm is 15.

Do you have any advice on how I could perfect my diet and what exercises I should do and what my reps and sets should be? I really appreciate the help especially cause I really have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you I really appreciate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back