Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tara100

Hi.
My weight loss has completely stopped.

The last 4 weeks, the scales haven't moved at all.
I lost 16 pounds in the first 8 weeks. 2 of those weeks, I was only eating 700 cals daily approx, as I went through a bereavement, and just couldn't eat a thing through worry nausea.
Now I know that's not good for the body, so as soon as I felt better, I increased to 1150 cals daily. I lost 2lbs in 3 weeks, and the last 4, nothing!
I have raised my daily cals to 1250 three days ago, to see if that helps the plateau effect.

Where am I going wrong please?
I have a quite sedentary lifestyle, due to disability, but do swim twice a week, and walk approx 3 miles. I have also joined a gym, and I began a yoga class yesterday too, so I'm trying all I am physically able to do. Oh and I bought a Bodyblade, for days when I can't get out.

What bugs me, is when I barely ate a thing, I lost weight; now I'm eating a decent amount of cals for my lifestyle, I'm losing nothing.

p.s
I eat a very healthy diet, and have increased my protein intake this week too. My ratio is 25 % fat / 30 % protein / 45% carbs.

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Hi there Tara,

Firstly its 100% normal to plateau. Especially if you were eating such a low calorie diet before as your metabolic rate decreases to adjust. When you do start to plateau there are many things you can do; change your exercise routine/exercise different muscles, eat more protein, drink more water, decrease your calories (definitely wouldn’t recommend this right now). If you’re worried though see a doctor. They can explain it better than anyone on an Internet forum I’m sure and can check for any underlying issues.

Hi there Tara,

Firstly its 100% normal to plateau. Especially if you were eating such a low calorie diet before as your metabolic rate decreases to adjust. When you do start to plateau there are many things you can do; change your exercise routine/exercise different muscles, eat more protein, drink more water, decrease your calories (definitely wouldn’t recommend this right now). If you’re worried though see a doctor. They can explain it better than anyone on an Internet forum I’m sure and can check for any underlying issues.

Thank you. I have increased my protein actually, I forgot that.
I've dieted before and had plateaus for 1-2 weeks, but never a month. I just hope it kickstarts soon.
I weigh in on Tuesday, and see how things are on week 5 since no loss.

Thank you. I have increased my protein actually, I forgot that.
I've dieted before and had plateaus for 1-2 weeks, but never a month. I just hope it kickstarts soon.
I weigh in on Tuesday, and see how things are on week 5 since no loss.
Good luck!

It’s important not to be discouraged if you haven’t lost weight; it just means your body is catching up or you need to change things up slightly. Try not to get too carried away with the number on the scales.

I'm a 51 year old guy who has lost 130 lbs since Christmas 2 years ago ,
However my way of doing it by cutting back only netted me around 30 lbs from December to August.
In August I quit all sugar, ,all grain,and all starchy veggies like potatoes.
Since then I have lost a steady 10 lbs per month. and I eat healthier now and feel a lot better than when eating junky.

If you will simply cut out those things and eat real foods like real vegetables ,meat, fish, cheese, eggs fruits, nuts and berries,you will lose weight and feel better. No pre packaged anything and no forms of sugar. You can ween yourself off by using artificial; sweeteners but get it out ASAP.

Good luck and God bless
Randy

Try not to get so caught up in the scales. Track your food, do your exercise and know that you're doing the best for your health. I know how hard bereavement can be to deal with since losing my husband last fall. Sometimes if you cut your food intake too low your body rebels and thinks its starving so it starts holding on to calories. Have a day a week where you relax a bit. Not a blowout, just a raise in calories so that your body isn't so hysterical. I hope you have some success soon. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back