please help me take the decision

hi,
i wanted some help,,if any1 of u could guide me please...

i m 3 months postpartum(had a baby in sept03),,
pre pregnancy i was 125lbs and now i weigh 150,,i want to loose these 25lbs as soon as possible
i cannot go out to anygym or for a walk or jog so i bought a poer runner(treadmill),, i work on it twice daily for 30 minutes,, in the morning and evening,, and i do some crunches for abs to.
after reading alot i have found out that its necessary to diet to loose all of the body fat specially from arms and those love handles,,as i carry most of my eight at these areas including the back.
i m confused about starting a diet as low carbs diet is hard to maintain,,i wanted to ask if i lower my calorie intake and take a diet with calorie control(less calories than i m suppose to eat),,is it going to work the same and help me loose weight or not?

please help and give me opinions of any kind will b helpful.
thanks
huma:confused: :confused:

hi.. congrats on the baby :)

i'm not an expert or anything but it seems nowadays that the smart thing to do weight-loss-wise is to stay away from too much refined, processed and/or starchy foods. examples would be white rice, white flour, white bread, potatoes, corn, etc.

i got confused about going low-carb as well. it seems to me that eliminating all carbs would be a little to extreme and this would be a hard diet to maintain. i think there are such things as "good carbs" such as some fruits and most vegetables. so instead of eating things like white rice or potatoes in your meal, you could replace with a salad instead. as well, for dessert you could opt for fresh fruit instead of cakes/pastry/etc.

lean protein and "good" fat are very important and are essential in making you feel full. i'm not a big pork or beef fan so for protein i usually opt for turkey, chicken, fish, egg and soy products.

i hope this helped :)

I don't know if you can - but if possible add in some resistance training. Weights will help you take off fat faster than anything else out there, but don't forget your cardio workout either! The combo will really melt off the pounds - well, that and not getting any sleep.

Track your food and your workout along with your weight and then adjust your food so that you get about a 60/20/20 split of Carbs/Protein/Fat but make sure they are all good quality foods.

Another thing, breast feed. It is better for your kid and it will actually help you lose weight as well.

karlog can u please gve me the types of food,,like for carbs which 1s r good n which proteins r good,,i will b thankful.

For carbs you want the complex types - things like whole grain breads or brown rice. They are much better for you than white bread or sugars.

For protein, look at lean meats, eggs, etc. Get good protein with a minimum of fat and you will be good to go. Nuts can be used here as well.

thanks alot!!,,this board is of great help!!

Back