Plateauing

Joey2cool

Anyone else have a problem with losing weight from Jan to about may but around mid may the weight loss kinda stops ?

Hi, Joey. I think everyone experiences a weight-loss plateau at one stage. This article is quite interesting- Weight loss stalled? Move past the plateau

Did a quick read and I’m not sure this article aplise to be. I’m trying to see if my body naturally stops losing weight in the summer to prepare for winter.

you need to supply some context.

1) your initial height/ weight (January)
2) current weight

also helpful... age, health, general geographic location, living situation.

thanks... helps give a better picture. being 6'/4", i'm guessing your goal would be around 200lbs which is right on the cusp on a healthy BMI. all i can offer is that as you lose weight, every pound becomes less a percentage of your body weight, so things will tend to slow down, but where i started (about a BMI of 32) is where you are now. that was my plateau for a long time, but that was also before i discovered a lot about nutrition. if you are on a Keto diet, you should already be aware of those concepts.

one thing i did notice... when i first started losing weight, it wasn't always a strict linear decline. it helped that i kept daily track (sometimes multiple daily) weight checks. in the short term, it didn't really show much, but when i graphed it over weeks and months, i could see a definite downward trend. i used to celebrate each new low and highs that seemed to eventually disappear from the chart.

Back