Pictures dont lie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifer3

Hi everyone,

I am Jennifer, a mom of three girls from Vancouver BC. After seeing some pics of myself at my daughters fifth birthday (I think I gasped) I finally hit that mental place where the motivation is here to take the weight off. I am so glad that I have found this site, and I plan to make good use of it. I have had weight issues pretty much all my adult life. I have taken weight off sucessfully three times (I mean large amounts of weight), however I was not so successful at keeping it off. I feel like this is the fourth time coming and I pray the last time at having to take it off, thus a permanent life style change. OK folks as of two days ago on the scale I have 100lbs to loose, not an easy job, in fact I am breaking it down into four goals of 25 lbs each,...somehow that sounds more attainable. I eat fairly good most days (binge on the carbs though), but from past experience the gym and exersize is what will make me successful. So out came the gym membership card, I dusted it off and actually used it last night.
So your support, suggestions, advice, friendship along this journey will be most appreciated...and I hope I can do the same for you. Jenn.

Last edited:
Hi Jennifer! I just joined this forum a few days ago and I have a little more than a hundred pounds to lose as well. I like your idea of 4 smaller goals. 100 pounds seems so overwhelming! Good luck to you!

Daniella

Hi Jennifer and Daniella

I also think that setting four goals is a good idea. I think if you also take one day at a time and make it through it then it will get easier as you go along. This is how I stopped smoking. I went one day at a time and I haven't smoked for one and a half years now. I also keep busy so that I don't crave or substitute the smoking with food.
So I wish you both the best of luck!!

Thank you for replying ladies,..nice to know that people actually respond to these. Well Daniella we are starting basically at the same time with the same goals.....so hopefully we can be a good support system for each other. It is going to be a journey, but hey I figure once I take the weight off (and I am going to) its a life endeavor to keep it off so relax and enjoy the ride. My three kids and I did a work out tape today, I finished it, but when it went left I went right...so I think we burned more calories laughing, but ya gotta start somewhere. I much prefer the cardio machines at the gym but getting to the gym isnt always easy with my husbands schedule. However I figure whether I walk, dance with my kids, go to the gym its all good if I work up a sweat.

Hey Jennifer and Daniella,

you are on the right track...every activity counts. You can make some smaller changes in your everyday life that will help as well - if you don't already do those -
Park far away from the enterance of the shopping mall or grocery store,
Carry your own groceries to the car
Take the steps whenever possible

Those are three fairly easy ones that can already make a difference.

Good Luck to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back