p90x questions

Hi, Just joined. Any insight into starting p90x as a 60 year old? Sometimes you feel like
you're to old to start. Opinions welcome. Thanks.

Not done the p90x or any other quick fix workouts, but if I remember correctly this one had a set of prerequisites as part of the deal.
It's not for beginners and doesn't pretend to be. If you have the base fitness required and no health or mobility issues I expect it should be fine.
I have seen to many fit old fogeys to ever declare age as a limiting factor. If however you don't have the fitness, health and mobility, find something less likely to kill you.

yea, I agree with old man. I've done a couple sessions of a few of these types of programs to see what they're about ... they are intense, but you can also do them at your own pace. You don't have to go crazy. However, if you aren't already very active, it's probably not the best place to start unless you are very aware of your limitations and can take it easy. If in doubt, talk to your doctor, too.

PX90 has had pretty good reviews.
As others have cautioned, it can be a bit intense for some people depending on their current fitness level.
The only complaint I have heard is obviously because of the nature of what you have to work with, it tends to be biased towards upper body conditioning and does not do as much for legs.

I can' say for myself as I have not personally tried it - but that is the frequent # 1 weakness
Makes sense of course, without some equipment, one is limited on what they can do for legs.
But then again not all people are concerned with full body balance or looking like a bodybuilder either

Personally I follow and write about programs that follow the traditional "old school" combination of
Diet + Resistance Training + Cardio for all around fitness

Michael Spitzer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back