Over Training Concern During 10k Prep

Hi, I'm concerned for a good friend who I believe might be over-training, which might lead to injury. She is 24, about 5' 1", average sized (call it 135, though recently dropped 10 pounds). Currently on week 3 of a 10k training plan (which basically tacked on more running to her previous routine):

Sundays - "active recovery" so long walks, yoga, maybe some cross training
Mondays - runs for 30 minutes (roughly 3 miles) and does a Arms/Ab Circuit
Tuesday - rest day (often walking for an hour and/or doing yoga)
Wednesday - runs for 30 minutes (roughly 3 miles) and does a Leg workout Circuit
Thursday - runs for 30 minutes (roughly 3 miles) and does a Full Body workout Circuit
Friday - rest day (often walking for an hour and/or doing yoga)
Saturdays - "long runs" going up .5 miles each week (at 4 miles)

She also works in additional long walks (up to an hour) multiple times a week, and dances for 2-3 hours a few nights per week. Diet wise she is effectively going Paleo, eating only eggs, meat, veggies, and fruit. Ranging in the 1200 - 1600 Calories per day. I've noticed she is tired a fair amount or short tempered/stressed. In some ways she seems like super women, but I'm concerned she is over-training, not really taking rest days, and could injure herself or at minimum isn't resting enough to let muscles recover she so may actually be limiting her improvement.

Any thoughts, am I off base?

Back