Opinion requested on NordicTrack 360 with Free Motion

NT 360 is amazing so far

I just picked up a NT360 at my local sears this weekend. Last week it was selling for $799, this week it was $599. So the stories are true about that. Note, you'll need a pickup truck or some strong roof racks to bring all the boxes home. The main box is large and heavy. I had to take the contents out and put them individually into my Saab hatchback. I was lucky. Nobody mentioned needing a pickup...

Assembly was somewhat of a pain, but no more than what I would have expected for a machine like this. A few holes needed drilling as they were off by about 1/32". My old Soloflex was trivial by comparison. I'll also have to partially disassemble the unit should I move. But ... if you're handy with tools this shouldn't be a problem. Take your time and have fun.

Let me just say that I love this machine. I can't wait to workout again tomorrow. Granted, it's only been a week. But I've used many gym machines and have been working out on and off since I was 13 (~24 years). I remember when Nautilus was "new." I recently joined the premiere local gym and really enjoyed their pulley / cable machines (they have a more expensive Freemotion machine there too). The NT360 lets me do it all in my own house, with my own tunes, etc...

As far as the friction issue goes, I had read up online prior to purchase / assembly. So I took extra care to make sure everything was greased and that the pulleys were tightened properly. The thing is, the pulleys also attach with cable guides. I had to sand a few of them down so they didn't clamp against the pulleys, which would have generated extreme friction.

So my machine works fine with just one weight. There's some friction ... perhaps about 5 lbs worth? Not a problem at all. I'm sure as the unit breaks in that will go away too.

I tried the Bowflex, hated the rods. Now I do a 2hr circuit of about 14-15 different exercises. They feel so good ... I love being able to work out my back muscles and stretch / twist / punch ... do whatever I please!

DT

Last edited:
pulley problem

Just picked up my N360 at sears on sale for $399!! I love the machine. A pain to put together but well worth it.

I am having a problem with one of the 4" pulleys. Of course it is one of the pulleys that was already pre-assembled from the factory. After a few reps, the bearing slides out of the pulley and needs to be put back in. Makes me crazy:SaiyanSmilie_anim: I called the customer service number and they are sending me a new pulley. Hope it fixes the problem.

A few questions about the 360

I was wondering if I would have any issues with being 6'3"?

Me and the wife are looking for a good all around home training/gym, this seems to have better ratings than the Bow flex, which I have tried and did not like the feel of resistance bars.

However I cannot find this machine anywhere to demo it, here in FL.
and it shows $799 at sears online, marked down from $1599.
Where are the $599 and $399 at? lol

Thanks for any info.

Remember, the more flexable cable you get, the smoother the machine will be. I found that the 184lb rated cable is extremely smooth and it will hold more than 184lbs. If anyone has any questions on this machine please ask, I have a thread titled nordictrack 360. I would be happy to help.:)

Where can I find this thread? I need help. I'm overwhelmed with exercises. So many attachments. I need a plan. A cohesive workout.
Any Suggestions? B-)

I bought the NT 360 FM at Sears about 3 years agao & I love it. IF I had my way (more room) I'd go for a multi-station BodyCraft or similar system, but for the space I have this machine is great for $600. I bought the warranty extension for the first year but not since. I moved the machine when I downsized recently & lost the weight pin so if anyone has the "specs" I'd be hapy buying a bolt of same size: Icon wants $25 incl shipping for a replacement & I'm not going there.

Anyone have difficulty putting on & taking off the seat for leg work etc? I don't use it becasue it seems to get stuck on. I have a separate incline bench for real chest press as well as a leg flex/curl station at the other end I use for such work.

Back