Old Dog's Diary (once a week i hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks update went well.

246 lbs
35% body fat
34.5 bmi

My ankle is better, a little bruised looking and stiff but better, so i started my cycling workout again 2 days ago. Had a pretty solid loss this week and my diet is the same as ever. Though i did add mushrooms, fish, beans and peas into the mix on @FoodC advice it works well. going to keep on this pace for a couple of weeks sooner or later the weight loss should stagnate a bit and i'll have to make more changes... we will see.

@FoodC thank you for the offer, if you have any fish ideas for meals that are cheap and easy please send them my way :D

Hey Dog, I am not FoodC, but I just had sardines packed in tomato sauce for lunch. 2 tins of these are 180 calories, 9 each. You have to be careful to look at the calories, a lot of sardines are packed in oil and have a lot more calories. I buy them in boxes of 50 from Amazon for about $50, $1 a tin, $2 for my lunch today.
IMG_0417 (002).JPG

@alligatorob I quite like sardines myself, though i haven't had them in years. Thanks for the advice. I may add this in somewhere as an occasional replacement for my lunchtime sandwich.

Hi, Chris. You are doing really well. Sardines on toast are a great breakfast too. I like oatmeal for breakfast too, but I usually add some protein to it- either a dollop of natural yoghurt or a couple of teaspoons of almond meal.

What a great update - nearly twenty-five pounds down! Great going, Chris!
And all this fishy talk is making this vegetarian quite jealous! Sardines give you so much taste in every mouthful - with just a squeeze of lemon juice, maybe. :D

@Cate thanks! I actually like my oatmeal made with milk and butter but i've been using water while doing this. I'm considering going back to just milk and peaches or strawberries.

@aiminglow thank you! I love fish, I tried to be a vegetarian once but I just can't give up on fish and chicken. It was easier to quit smoking >.<

I make my porridge with half oats and half soy flakes (don't soak the soy or it gets grainy) to up the protein. It's a completely different texture but nice with fruit and nuts.

Hello! I am late but It was such a hard week!
Sure I have some nice and easy recipes for fish :)

Salmon
2 serves
2x 125g salmon fillets, 1dspn lime juice, 25g scant fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, 15g desiccated coconut, salt and pepper, oil.

Oven 220 degrees
Brush lime juice over salmon.
Mix breadcrumbs, coconut, salt, pepper and oil
Dredge fillets in mixture and place in oven dish.
Spread remaining mixture over top of salmon
Bake about 20 mins in oven then brown top under grill if you want.
You can bake it with other vegetables but vegetables need more time in the oven.
You can add fresh lemon juice on the cooked salmon but first taste how it tastes for you.

Macaroni Cod Salad
Cod fillet without skin, 40 g
Burghul groats 25 g
Olive oil 5 g (1 teaspoon)
Butter 5 g (1 teaspoon)
garlic 1 small clove
lemon juice 2 tbsp
onion a small piece (about 15-20 g)
1 small tomato
salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika powder, cumin, turmeric and a tiny pinch of saffron pinch
Spoon with fresh parsley

Cut the cod fillets into larger cubes, sprinkle with a spoon of lemon juice, rub with chopped garlic, salt, pepper and the rest of the spices, coat a little olive oil. Leave for half an hour to marinate if you have time.
Boil Bulgur (approx. 15 minutes). Put diced tomato, thinly chopped onion and chopped parsley leaves in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and set aside.
Heat the pan, spread with oil, put the cod in and fry on each side for about 2 minutes, in the meantime add a teaspoon of butter to the pan.
Take the fish out on a plate and put the cooked porridge in the same frying pan, heat for a while stirring. Put on a plate, add pieces of cod and tomato with toppings from a previously prepared bowl. Serve with pieces of lemon.

super easy Herring salad
Matias herring 70 g
natural yogurt / cream 18% 30 g
1 small apple
a piece of Onion 25 g (¼ piece)

chop the onion into small pieces and pour over 3 times with hot water. Chop herrings into cubes, cut the apple into very small pieces. Combine all chopped ingredients with yogurt, set aside in the fridge for a few hours and eat with bread. If you want, add some more vegetables

@FoodC thanks for the recipe i'll try some out when i go grocery shopping on the first
I have more, but It is too much for the first time :)
Just try it and later I can give you more. Hopefully, you feel good. How your cooking is going? :)

I'm on the road atm so no scale in site. I'm sticking to my diet with meals set up for the next week and a few hrs of hiking every day. going to be on a camp site till next wed. but at least we have wifi!

going to be on a camp site till next wed.
Camping for fun or working? Hope its for fun.
Sardines on toast are a great breakfast too.
About 20 years ago I was on a business trip in rural Russia, at one hotel breakfast was raw herring, onions, toast and vodka. I think the vodka was probably to make the raw herring look edible. I ate a lot of toast. I like sardines, often eat them for lunch, but somehow they don't sound to me like an appetizing breakfast.
I'm on the road atm so no scale in site. I'm sticking to my diet with meals set up for the next week and a few hrs of hiking every day.
Good for you, I know sticking to a diet while traveling can be a challenge, you'll be the better for doing it!

@alligatorob Camping for fun. Well everyone else calls it camping so i'm going with it. In my definition of camping, cabins and roofs and the like aren't involved. I'm spending my time looking for fossils and arrow heads in west texas. >.< yes that's how i have fun :D

@FoodC Thanks it's a good break from everything.

@LaMaria Thank you :D

Bob. Looking for fossils and arrowheads sounds like my idea of fun too. I love being out in nature.

I'm spending my time looking for fossils and arrow heads in west texas
That does sound like fun. When I lived in Florida we hunted sharks teeth and Indian pottery (only found shards), when I was a kid we used to go to the phosphate pits on the weekend when they weren't mining them, fossils everywhere. Now most of the mines are shut down, and the ones that are still operational do not allow the public in. Since moving to Utah we have found a few trilobites and fish (in Wyoming actually).

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back