Weight-Loss November 30-day On Plan Challenge

Weight-Loss

kaplooie

This challenge was dreamed up in my diary but I wanted to bring it to the whole forum.

Basically it's a 30 day on plan challenge, your plan, your rules.

My plan:
1400 kcal max, 100 oz of water a day, 10,000 + steps a day, and AT LEAST 6 hours of sleep a night. And I think I want to throw in there that I won't drink more then a bottle of wine a week. I'm not abstaining from booze all together but I am trying to cut down significantly. I feel like these goals are doable.

Last edited:
:seeya: I'm IN!

On page 3 of my Journal, I made up a Point System to help me this last week of Oct. and through the month of Nov.

The points focus on mini goals with points to earn for things like complete portion control (measuring everything and so on), water, exercise, NO Soda and more. Where I struggle - there is a mini goal w/pts.

By 11.30.15 I need 2,000 points or more... Reward: $50 or Under Shopping Spree. ;)

I´m not quite as ambitious maybe, but at least it´s something I think I can do: No snacking in between my three major meals, twenty minutes of exercise every day and 500 g of fruit/veg a day (except for fast days, those will have 300 g). Let´s get this party started!

I'm in!

- minimum 30 mins of moderate-high intensity exercise a day or 3.5 hours a week
- 2830 stairs per week (preparation for the grouse grind season)
- try 1 activity/class per week that's something I wouldn't normally do (I have a rec centre pass included with tuition and they have all kinds of classes you can take, yoga, kickboxing etc)
- eat a least 1 fruit and 2 different veggies each day
- try 1 new healthy recipe each week
- eat a maximum of 3 meals at a restaurant/takeaway per week, preferably less
- no binges please. I have been getting better, a lot better. Even the one time i did binge in October , It wasn't completely out of control. I'm so sick of the cycle of guilt and anger towards myself for not doing the work I need to do. I'm responsible for my own actions and the consequences. I'm really gunning for no binges In November, but if I do slip up I just want to be at peace with the fact that I'm learning and growing and there will be slip ups, but one bad meal shouldn't lead to a day of bad meals, or a week etc

Last edited:
Welcome to the challenge everybody!! Glad I could rope so many into joining me! 1.5 days till we start!! Woot!!

I'm in too KP. I will have 2 "fast" days each week, where I have a maximum of 500 cals, I will play golf at least once a week, I will "exercise" for a minimum of 20 minutes each day (this can just be 'walking") & I will reduce my online time per day to a maximum of 3 hours & not after 10pm! Whoah! I think that will do.

Ooo I like the idea of restricting online time... definitely going to give that a think. Not part of my november challenge though, don´t want to make it too complicated.

I'm in!

THE PLAN

Food:
No food after dinner (This is the single biggest factor holding back my weightloss)
No more than one day with alcohol a week

Running:
At least a mile a day (November 27th will be 1 year of the streak)
A new PR for 5K (currently 27:25)
A new PR for distance (currently 6.2 miles)

Weight:
Lose at least 1 pound a week for the first three weeks
November 26th will be family Thanksgiving dinner, 1 year of run streak and time off work. There will be indulgences and I will not avoid them. The goal is to return to the same or lower weight than the Pre-Thanksgiving low by the end of month (4 days).
Lose at least 4 pounds total (249-245) by months end.

Consequences:
For every week that I don't lose a pound there will be no alcohol the following week.
If I don't lose 4 pounds in November (249-245) then I will start December off with counting calories and a 2,200 calories limit until 245.
If I don't hit all 3 running PRs I will post a shirtless photo in my diary.

That's what I've got. I think the food consequences will be handled by my weight and running achievements. Good luck everyone.

Yay Cate and Q!! Thanks for officially joining the Challenge thread (I know Cate had committed in the diary section). One more day! Eep!! Starting something always makes me feel like I need to get all my screw ups out of the way in one day, hahaha!

To help me stay on plan today I will be batch cooking a bunch of healthy lunches and dinners.

gonna start the 60 day bodyshred challenge by Jillian Michael tomorrow :D dont have the meal plan booklet that comes along with it but still hoping to get into a better shape in 60 days..

nskhan, can you google the meal plan? There might be a posting of it online somewhere. Good luck, anything with Jillian's name on it terrifies me, LOL!!

Updated: November 30-Day On Plan Challenge:

Follow My Point System (on pg. 3 of my Journal) and work on each Mini Goal where I struggle.

My point system covers everything...Food, Portion Control, Exercise and so on.

Set * Work Towards * Accomplish Weekly STREAKS

*Keep Up with the November Squat Challenge

11.1 thru 11.7 STREAK: Wear Pedometer and Log Results * Work Towards Improving & Beating the Previous Days Results

Day 1 done & dusted :) Day 2- having my 1st "fast" day of the week & have resisted BBQ & have just eaten my 125 cal meal, that I brought with me. Feeling like...... :Angel_anim: xoC

Day one done and I was successful, if I counted my cals correctly. From now on though I really need to avoid restaurant eating and eat at home so I can weigh stuff out and be precise. Since it won't fit in my sig I'll keep track here:

One :newangel: for every successful day on-plan: :newangel:

Good day 1 for me but the scale is being a jerk. I think my body is in recovery mode and the weight will go away as my legs feel better.

Day 2 for me was successful in one way and not successful for the squat challenge. Day three is a little off but skipping lunch will have be back on track. Great job so far everybody!!

View attachment 23264

:seeya: Hi y'all & GREAT Job!

I'm doing everything in my Nov. Plans/Goals.. :)

Looking forward to getting back to my high powered work outs though! I actually MISS them! Wow?! lol

Still in recovery mode... Have to be careful with extraction healing/clotting process... Plus, I have noticed when I try to do more/more energy efforts it brings on pain/aches in extraction area. :svengo:

No Thank You!

Off to a rocky start for this challenge. Yesterday I went for dim sum with my sister and friends i haven't seen for awhile, the visit was really nice but i felt hungry very soon afterwards and caved and has some lays dill pickle chips, one of the small bags (about 350 cals) and then binge mode kicked in. Ate half a bag of microwave popcorn, a halloween sized bag of chips (90 cals) and one halloween size chocolate bars. For dinner I split a burger with and side salad with my friend.

But I am determined not to let this crappy day derail my whole month. Can't change the past just make better choices in the future.

Food for today:

1.3 cups Coffee with cashew milk and a little evaporated milk
2. Homemade breakfast fajita wrap: 1 small corn tortilla, grilled chicken with green and red peppers, scrambled egg/egg whites, salsa, cilantro, a little grated cheese, and a squeeze of lime juice
3. small apple, 2 cracker sized slices of cheese (cheddar/swiss), half a slice of bacon
4. 1 baked chicken drumstick with spices, big plate of mixed raw veggies with bolthouse yogurt ranch

Went for a long walk at the park and had a nice catch up with my best friend. It was so beautiful with all the different coloured fall leaves. And we saw big fish swimming up stream in the creek. I've never seen that before! They are swishing and struggling against the rushing water and then you see a big splash and they dart a few feet father up. Very Cool

Back