Not sure when to....

Meshellibel

Just a quick question, maybe I can get some suggestions. I have 2 children and finding time to exercise is very difficult. Right now I exercise at 9pm and it keeps me up at night. I am not a morning person by any means but I am working on it at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions about working out earlier in the day or when do you get your exercise in?
Thanks, Shell

if your kids are old enough, take them with you on a jog or a bike ride ...

I have this problem as well, three kids 2,5,10 and I have to keep my work outs to after 8:30 pm,..my hubby works long hours and I dont expect him to do the bedtime routine all the time for the lil ones. When I first started working out I would be buzzing for an hour or two afterwards, however I think my body has adjusted and I get to sleep better and actually have a better sleep.
I have tried excersize with the kids thing,..but so often you hear "I am bored , I am tired, or they stop to pick every dandelion along the way". However, most gyms have a daycare right in them though,..however I love having that complete alone time.
You really have to do what works for you, and even though morning work outs are optimal, I think consistency is just as important. Regardless of the time of day, as long as you feel healthier, and you get the bonuses of inches or weight is coming off,..that heart rate gets up and you break a sweat,...just keep doing it....and have fun

Thank you for the replies. They are great ideas. Unfortunately right now I can't go outside with them cause of my lil' one. He is too little to take outside. We live in Pa and it is chilly here. I have been exercising at night which has worked so far, but it just takes me so long to sleep. I am trying to wake up earlier in the morning while the kids are alseep, but I know my daughter will wake up when she sees I am not in bed. I'll try some news things and see what works. Thanks for the ideas! :D

Get out the trusty old exercise tape, if there old enough they will do it with you if there to young to do it with you they will more than likely love to sit there while you entertain them. ;) :D

im not a morning person either! in the nice weather i walk outside and it gives me nice break from kids :) then in the winter im stuck doing the treadmill and they are usually screaming anf carrying on around me. i usually do mine late after noon and if i dont finish, i do the rest after hubby gets home right after i make dinner. i dont sit and eat with them so its good time for me to do it.

Back