Not seeing any results, despite working out and calorie budget :(

samus2509

Hey, guys! I'm all new to these forums, so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I'm an 18 year old male. This easter I weighed about 80kg, and decided it was time for me to get in shape. So I started working out, and downloaded this app called "Noom". This app told me to stick to 1500 calories a day. Something I think I have accomplished (at least for most of the time). At first I jogged 2 times a week, for about 20 minutes. But about 1,5 months ago I bought myself a stationary bycicle. Since then I have exercised on it for 1 hour, 3 times a week. At the first, I lost weight pretty fast and I was quite happy with my accomplishments. But now, the last few weeks I've been stuck at around 76-75 kg, and I don't understand why. I exercise 3-4 times a week, and stick to a calorie budget at around 1500 kcal. It's hard to tell if I'm gaining muscle mass, because I can't really see any any differences on the pictures I've taken on the way. I'm new to weight loss, and I'm sure there might be something I'm doing wrong (I just don't know what). But it still demotivates me when I'm not seeing the results I was hoping to see. Especially when we're approaching summer and beach season.

View attachment 20991 This picture was taken mid- Mars 2013

View attachment 20992 This one around mid- April

View attachment 20993 This one was taken 14th of June

And again, sorry if this was posted in the wrong place

How tall are you?

Hey, guys! I'm all new to these forums, so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

At first I jogged 2 times a week, for about 20 minutes. But about 1,5 months ago I bought myself a stationary bycicle. Since then I have exercised on it for 1 hour, 3 times a week.

Both your excercises you mention seem more related to your legs, (Yes it'll do more than legs but "mainly"), and you're doing upper body photos. Is it your upper body you want more defined? If so you'd probably want to change your workout to reflect this, so it's working those muscles more than your legs.

Steve

Both your excercises you mention seem more related to your legs, (Yes it'll do more than legs but "mainly"), and you're doing upper body photos. Is it your upper body you want more defined? If so you'd probably want to change your workout to reflect this, so it's working those muscles more than your legs.

Steve

I'm doing 10 x 3 push ups every day, and I lift weights for about 5. Do you have any other examples for how I can train my upper body without going to the gym? (It's really expensive where I live, I really don't have so much money at the time)

I'm doing 10 x 3 push ups every day, and I lift weights for about 5. Do you have any other examples for how I can train my upper body without going to the gym? (It's really expensive where I live, I really don't have so much money at the time)

From what I know there's a dozen of differents push-up exercices for a lot of muscle@abs.

Steve

Oh, and by the way! (I don't know how to edit comments). My legs aren't that toned either, I still have these "canckles" I can't seem to get rid of, despite my running and bycicling.

As you loose weight your body adapts, it can become more efficient when you exercise and can require less calories to maintain.

you may need to cut calories further or increase the intensity of your exercise.

you don't list what lifting exercises you do but the small number of pushups is not enough.

You can do full body strength training without a gym, what equipment do you have access to at home? is there a kids playground near you that could be used for exercise ?

I don't want to suggest exercises that you don't have the equipment for.

As you loose weight your body adapts, it can become more efficient when you exercise and can require less calories to maintain.

you may need to cut calories further or increase the intensity of your exercise.

you don't list what lifting exercises you do but the small number of pushups is not enough.

You can do full body strength training without a gym, what equipment do you have access to at home? is there a kids playground near you that could be used for exercise ?

I don't want to suggest exercises that you don't have the equipment for.

There's a park nearby with a kindergarten i it with a little playground. But I don't think I'm allowed in there even if there's no one there. At home, I got a pair of adjustable manuals and a stationary bike. There are also some stairs (if that has anything to say).

Sounds like you may hit a plateau if you've been sticking to your cycling workout for the past 2-3 months. That's when your body has adapted to the change and you're pretty much at a stand still.

You can prevent this demotivating experience by switching things up like your workout routine, frequency, intensity and the duration of you training.

For a good all around, at home workout, Youtube 'burpees'. It's known to be one of the most killer body weight exercises. Watch variations of the workout and mix them up every time.

Back