Nose Itch In The Gym...

This is killing me, and I don't know how to fix it. Every time I go to the gym, get on the elliptical / bike / etc, my nose starts to itch...

Am I the only one?... :eek:

Haha, why can't you just itch it!?

Lol, come on it can be that serious of a problem. My nose itches at the gym actually but my nose always itches anyway.

My advice is......SCRATCH THE F*CKER !

I actually think I know what you're talking about. I used to experience this a long time ago when I first stated working out. It's like an itch you can't scratch

i'd take an itchy nose over the condition I experience at the gym...staring at all teh ladies in spandex, using the hip adductor....

dangit now my condition is flaring up!

(in all seriousness, there could be something in the air giving you a very mild allergic reaction. some gyms put a fragrance device in their ventilation system to keep the place from smelling like sweaty ass)

some gyms put a fragrance device in their ventilation system to keep the place from smelling like sweaty ass)

Sweaty Ass? Please refrain from using profanity on the forum....lest I'll report you to the moderator! :D

Whatever you do....DO NOT SCRATCH YOUR NOSE IN THE GYM. The most major means in which we initially get ourselves sick is by touching our faces, in particular: our nose! Gym's are notoriously full of germs!!!!

Basically what has happened is some baceteria or virus gets on your hand...and by some horrible & unexplained means it can provoke your body to make you scratch or even pick your nose: this is how they gain entry!!!!

Chances are you start breathing and something is irritating your nose. I know you think I'm kidding, but seriously....try not to touch your face and especially your nose when in the gym!!!

Wear a headband. Also, carry a towel with you everywhere and wipe at least three times per minute. And, you need to make sure that your towel and headband match both each other and your outfit. Additionally, always breath through your mouth if at all possible so as to avoid overworking your nasal region. Finally, avoid sweating at all costs so as to reduce itching and most other exercise-related discomfort.

Hope this helps!

My nose itches too in my home gym, but not in the house! WTF?

Oh.......

I figured it out.......

Its called: Chillen-idis.

There is a solution which includes daily doses of:

1. The Therapist (YOU), and 2. Medication (the mind)

and then you will feel the daily doses of:

Chillen-idis (energy just itchen to come out).

Never scratch that itch, BABY!

ROCK ON!

(Malkore could be right about your itch) :)

Best wishes,

Chillen

Actually, I do know what you mean. My itch is more around my forehead and next to my eyes. I'm sensitive to the various cleaning products. Having served in the military, I've lifted at gyms all across the country and noticed the irritation varied depending upon the gym and the cleaner used.

Wear a headband. Also, carry a towel with you everywhere and wipe at least three times per minute. And, you need to make sure that your towel and headband match both each other and your outfit. Additionally, always breath through your mouth if at all possible so as to avoid overworking your nasal region. Finally, avoid sweating at all costs so as to reduce itching and most other exercise-related discomfort.

Hope this helps!
Hello,
Do you think that wearing headband will do the job ?

I am 99% sure this is because of the dust. It really depends how the gym is being cleaned, but the cardio area is almost never cleaned underneath the machines. Therefore, your nose gets irritated.

Back