Nobody's 8 set training.

Okay. I'm bored. I need to type.

I had another idea. I will not only be bulking until January, but actually until February.

I'll give myself another month in order to bulk. Quite honestly, I don't think I will be able to put on the muscle I want in only 1 month. -__-''

Anyway's. Today was my chest/back/shoulder/leg 8 set training.

To my dissapointment, and somewhat surprisement, I only did 6 sets of my max bench press today, before finishing the rest of the sets at 90%.

Before I was only able to do 5 sets. I guess it's an improvement. Hoewever, I still found it hard to lift my max. This is my second session of 8 set of doing it at the same weight. I really want to be increasing faster...

I've also noticed that I seem to be gaining back my fat, most of all, my dreaded nemesis the stomach fat. It's amazing, it's only been about 2 weeks since I cut out my circuits, and I think I gained like 3% body fat. XD

Last edited:
What do you mean you could only do 6sets of your "Max Bench"? That's makes no sense to me. Your Max bench is 1 Rep Max.

And what the hell does this mean -__-'' ?

Oh sorry. I mean, not MAX, but like....90%. ....yeah. -_-''

And " -__-'' " means like, frustrated. It's sort of like " :) " but,...for a different expression. -_-''

Another day, another problem.

Today, I woke up to find that my right forearm was sorta hurt. I guess it was from punching that home made punching bag I made out of my carpet yesterday. :p

Anyways. I was thinking today. Lots of revelations.

1) Apparenlty, oiling up the joints on my machine made it EXTREMELY UBER SUPER MEGA work better. An example of this was before I oiled it up, I could only do a certain exercise to about 30lbs, with movement difficulty. After I oiled it up, of course, I managed to easily do over 65lbs. I plan to oil this thing up more often. I just realized that this could very well have deducted results from me.

2) I thought of doing more then 1 single exercise for each body part for 8 sets. This was what I was doing previously. I thought of it today, and decided to give it a try. Two things happened;
a) I wasn't bored, and my exercises actually felt as though they went by somewhat fast.
b) I actually gave up quicker. Instead of having only 1 exercise to work my pecs, I incorporated 3. Each at 3 sets. Wow. I could NOT manage to do that 3rd set of the machine bench press oddly enough, when previously I could do over 6. It was great. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see if, or how badly my pecs/legs/back ache.

That's all.

P.S. - I also ate 2 damned cookies today. I know, bad idea. But I figure since I am somewhat bulking, how bad can it be?

Well, training with the multiple exercises for one body part sure is strange.

It's like this, I do 3 sets bench press, 3 sets palm press, and 3 set of some other chest exercise.

While on the 3rd set of each, I have noticed that I NEED to decrease the weight, in order to finish it. I take it as a good sign.

However, I noticed when I did just straight of 8 sets of benchpress, with the same continual weight, it hurt more the day after.

Anyone got any advice? More or less effective?

I just wouldn't do 8 sets of bench. I would def. break it up like you are it will be more effective. You should put in incline bench and maybe even dips.

Nobody said:
Well, training with the multiple exercises for one body part sure is strange.

It's like this, I do 3 sets bench press, 3 sets palm press, and 3 set of some other chest exercise.

While on the 3rd set of each, I have noticed that I NEED to decrease the weight, in order to finish it. I take it as a good sign.

However, I noticed when I did just straight of 8 sets of benchpress, with the same continual weight, it hurt more the day after.

Anyone got any advice? More or less effective?

Depending on conditioning and rest times, you might need to decrease the weight or work up to a heavier weight. Experiment with both types and see which one works best for you.

I was wondering. Any NON-gym exercises to work the lower part of the leg? Uh...the part of the leg below the knee? -_-

Okay, did it again.

I always think I will be able to do shoulders in this day, but I can never seem to get myself to do shoulder exercises.....

I'll try tomorrow...

Well, I got sad with my grades in school, so when I came home, I didn't exercise, and I began to eat sweets. -_-''

Just thought I'd update.

Vukasin, you seem pretty negative. I really think you should address this. Get in shape, make some friends (if you haven'y got any) pickup a hobby you like. Reading, writing, playing guitar, sports etc

If marks made you upset, make it a goal to improve for the next term. Live it breath it.

Best of Luck

I would have to agree with newf. I'm like you, nobody, and there's no other way to make it better (which you should do, even for your physical goals in mind) than getting interested about life.

Anyways, good luck and keep it up!

vp

>_<''

..thanks for the advice....

Anyway's, I ate sweets again.... -_-''

I was starving after work, and seeing any food what-so-ever gave me cravings for it. My dog gave me a craving...

Anyway's, I've a question people.

I don't think I am gaining anything anymore.... Are your muscles supposed to feel burned out or hurt after you workout? Mine stopped doing this a while ago. I actually do train with pretty heavy weights, about 80% of max, and I do 8 sets, but it NEVER hurts anymore. I know the hurt is usually lactic acid build up from not breathing, but I need some damned indicator!

Weight gain and training poundages are the only good indicators.

And stop being so depressed about some sweets, lolz! You're bulking, right? Just eat the damned cookies and sweets if you wanna! :p

Last edited:
Hrm...

I've decided to miss yet another day of training.

Lazyness?...possibly...

Actually, I honestly thought of it as I was getting up from my chair. I realized it got a little colder as I got up, so I decided to think of some logical reasoning as to WHY I won't go working out today.

...I know it's not good.....

Okay, I am going through some radical changes.

I don't like the fat I am gaining. I hate it. I want it off. I am going to go off the bulking diet. I will instead go on the ....um...uber fat burning diet, and will still try to find some way tom incorporate bulking diet gains in muscle with it.

set your self a goal man, the fat looks bad but its for a good cause!!!!
I hate it to.
when I bulk I say, right, im gonna put on 25lbs, then as soon as you get there, thats when you start cutting. There you have a goal in your head to get to your goal weight.

Back