Newcomer road to 270lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1192

Hi guys n gals,

So I've finally taken the plunge to turn my life around and try to loose weight! Here's a little back story. So I'm a 27 year old 6'2 312lb Male, and have been struggling with my weight my whole life, I've always been in a very low physical type job and always ate junk (energy drinks, takeaways nearly every other day and countless snacks/crisps whatever) and about 2 months ago hit my heaviest weight of 315lbs so I decided it was about time to sort it out for myself and my 2 children.

Since starting I have completly cut out ALL snacks all energy drink all takeaways completly cut out for good. Been eating totally clean (clean as possible anyway) I used the online calculators to figure out how many calories my body burns throughout the whole day which was roughly 2400 to loose 2lbs a week. I've been eating roughly 2000 if not less every day. Diet mainly consists of plenty of chicken and brown rice plenty of veg and leafy greens. And only drinking water and if I'm a bit hungry I tend to go for a meal replacement shake for the protein aswell. So basically just a high in protein diet.

I joined the gym where I tend to do mainly weight lifting (weighted squats bench press and deadlifts ect) I walk to the gym and back which is 5k steps (45mins).

So in summary I complety cut out junk and only drink water. I walk 5k to the gym, workout for 1hour to nearly 2 sometimes depending how hard the pre workout hits lol. And am in quite a large calorie deficit. I've been doing this for around 2 months and have since lost nearly 20lbs is this a good start out into weightloss or would I be doing too much? Too little ? Any tips on how I can see better results ? I know some people will say eat more but I cant eat when I'm not hungry so yeah Thanks for reading my long ass post :) Azza

Welcome to the forum,, you are off to a good start, how many days per week are you lifting ?

Hey Azza, and welcome to the forum! You certainly are off to a great start, good for you. I know right now it probably feels like you have a long way to go, and of course you do. But its getting on track that's important, and you have a good start, keeping at it will be great success.

I suggest you consider starting a diary on the Weight Loss Diary page (https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ ). It will help keep you on track, and you will get more support and advice there. You can also tell us more about yourself and your goals, it will help us better support you. You will find this a great group of people, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The only thing we have in common with each other is the need to fight the weight/eating/exercise battle. Age, sex, location in the world and so on matter not.

Best of luck to you!

Hi, Azza & welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like you have got off to a great start & have a plan that is working. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Welcome and great job so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back