newbie here

chocolatemama

Hi Moms,
I really need some support because I haven't been able to lose on weight on my own.
I want to lose 45 lbs and I like the high protein/ low carb diet but my weakness for chocolate makes it hard. I have an 18 month old daughter and during pregnancy I gained 60 lbs. I can't believe how hard it has been to lose the weight. I used to run/jog 3-5 miles at a time as a workout before I had my daughter but now I feel this extra weight is keeping from getting out to run again. So, my goal is to get out and jog at least twice this week. I have to really push myself and maybe you guys can push me too.
Is anyone else on a low carb/ high protein diet, if so, do you have any good ideas/recipes?
Thanks

welcome chocolatemama! there are a few here that are currently doing atkins which is low carb. i'm sure they would love for you to join them.

as far as your size hindering your running, why dont you start out walking and then speed walking first?

thanks

Thanks wonderwoman,
I also wanted to be apart of the oldies vs newbies but I don't know if there was a sign up sheet before the teams were made or if the teams were made on the number of posts everyone has but I'll just try to lose as much as I can in these next two weeks and try to get into the next challenge.
thanks again

Back