Newbie here with some questions

Hey all let me start off with a little about myself so you can see what my goals are to better help with my questions. Im a 26 year old male 6' tall 212 lbs 27% body fat and 53% water weight Im stocky with a beer belly and a pair of moobs(man boobs) and im looking to get rid of the gut and moobs and to build muscle. I just started on the treadmill every morning for 30 minutes and I do crunches push ups pull ups and curls for 40 minutes a day 4 times a week and I drink a gallon to a gallon in a half of water a day i also dumped the crap food and eating better. Now for my questions I have size on perfect zero carb isopure and I have 100% whey protein which one would work better for me? When should I take It and how much? Please school me on this any input will help and thank you to all in advance for your time and tips.

Bobby B.

Personally I like to focus on one thing at a time. So if its building muscle, I will focus on that with the right foods and training routine. Then when it comes to losing the excessive fat gained, I would focus on cardio type routines.

Hello inkedup.
TaylorT is right that usually one should focus on muscle building or burning fat. But since you are a beginner, you will be able to do both for some time!
Do you have access to a gym? If no, keep lifting weights with objects you have at home. Weight lifting is also important to lose fat (in some situations, even more important than cardio. many athletes lose fat without diong cardio. it is possible). But you should do both. Keep going!

About the protein, 100% whey protein is one of the best in the market. I have not tried the other.
The most important times to take protein shakes is your breakfast and post-workout. 20/25gr of protein each time. (Note: if 1 cup has only 18gr of protein, you should add some more to have the right amount).

Eat regularly, 5 or 6 meals a day! (I don't know why the previous guy said 3/4). Your metabolism must always be fast and working. It's one of the most common myths, saying you have to eat less. You have to eat less calories AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE TOTAL OF THE DAY. But eat more times! 5 or 6 meals, small and clean meals. With all the macronutrients (protein, carbohidrates and good fats).
And add the protein shake at breakfast and post-workout. If you want to save some, take a good breakfast with just foods.

Back