New to this site..

Status
Not open for further replies.

missypie

[undefined

Well I am new to this site as of this morning.. The reason why I joined this site is because Im 1 month and 3 days post op from having Gastric Bypass. Ive lost 39 pounds and feel amazing. I went from a 24 to a snug 18 already. I feel great. I thought joining this site I could meet people who are encourageing and want to learn more of this surgery. This was a serious surgery. I almost backed out but I couldnt afford to lose my life to being heavy. Well I hope to hear from everyone! Take care!
Missy :D

Welcome to the forum - good to have you on board:)

Now I heard that this surgery can be very life threatening. Wouldn't it just be better to eat healthy and exercise daily and lose the weight in a non-life threatening and less money way?

Well not to be bitchy but I did eat healthy.. Its not like I was eating a f**** big mac every day.. I hate negative people as yourself no offense.. I had the surgery to better my health. I exercise daily now and eat healthy. I know my limits now.. My insurance covered everything but $200 which wasnt that much.. It can be a life threatening surgery but what surgery isnt?

I don't think that catwomen was being mean I just think that she was stating a point. Sometimes, as we get older we have to adjust our eating habits and our exercise routines in order to keep the weight off. I don't believe that surgery is an answer to weight loss, and some people don't have insurance that would cover such costs.

Dear Missypie,

Sorry if I came across as I was attacking you but that's not how I meant to sound. I was just making a suggestion that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back