New Member Howdy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tttzr

Just thought I would drop a line in to all of the members of this site. Wow, you are all so positive and helpful! I can't wait to learn more about everything here and develop new friendships!

Here's a little bit about me. My name is Erin, I've been out of shape/overweight most of my life. As a young adult, i lost weight all the wrong ways and obviously regained it back. After a trip in 2003 that I worked out for and did everything possible, but didn't loose weight, I got serious. I went to a doctor about some problems that I thought were unrelated and found that I had a metabolic disorder preventing me from losing weight. lucky me!

In 2003, at 5'4" I weighed 215 pounds and felt terrible. Now, March 2004, I weigh 150 and am a totally different person. I have people ask me how I do it, which is nice, but what I like the most is the feeling of empowerment when I know that I was the one that achieved this with the help of my doctor. Now I want to maintain, and yes, lose a little more, but mainly I want to stay active and help others get into the groove too!

Nice to meet you all! I look forward to talking to you!

Welcome to the Forum,

great to have you on board.

Wow, you dropped a lot of weight? Congratulations, good for you:)
Would you like to share with us how you did it?

Howdy

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for having me here. Before my trip in May of 2003, I worked out on the Body for Life System, although I wasn't following the diet very closely because my husband and son won't eat that restrictively, but we have always eaten healthfully. I cut my portions way back and worked out diligently an hour a day. Even though I only lost about 10 pounds, I felt great! So I figured that the weight would drop in time.

After my trip, I slacked off for a couple of weeks and then got really serious about losing what weight I could, I was still resigned to the fact that it would be a long slow hall, but no matter what I did or didn't eat, it was like pulling teeth. I actually worked out 3 times a day, an hour at a time to help boost my metabolism.

I have always had problems with my cycles, so I ended up going to the doctor for them...She diagnosed me with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), which has a symptom of insulin resistance, one of the main hinderances of weight loss. She also found that I have diabetes. With all of this stuff, my doctor put me on a medication called glucophage. I've been on it since August and continued my working out an hour a day, as well as watching what I eat. In that time, I've lost about 55 pounds. I feel great, and have tons of energy, and can't sit still.

My story isn't typical of all people. Most of the time, results can be achieved with the plain hard work and determination that people have to lose weight, but I would encourage anyone who wants to lose weight and seems to be having problems to see their doctor because, like I thought it was for me, it may not all just be in your head! Thanks for letting me share!

Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back