New-ish mom--would love some accountability buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atleastitssunny

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum/site and happy to be here. A bit about me: I have a 13-month-old wonderful baby and have *mostly* returned to my pre-pregnancy weight. However, the hardest part for me has been weight fluctuations after giving birth. I remained very active throughout my pregnancy and since, but most evenings I find myself eating too much. It's like, after waking up early to work out, a full day of working (I work outside the home), and taking care of my baby when I get home from work, I "celebrate" my survival by just letting loose. I don't blame myself, but I'd like to change this. Spring is right around the corner and I have a family event in just over a month. I'd like to feel a lot better about myself and stop this cycle of eating too much, gaining weight (approx. 5 pounds or so), losing some weight, and then starting all over.

A bit more about me: I'm vegan (but not for health reasons, so I'm not necessarily one of those super-healthy vegans), I work out around 4 days per week doing mostly cardio (running on treadmill) and some strength approx. 2 days per week. I generally eat pretty well until dinner, as I mentioned above. On days I don't go to the gym, I generally get out for a walk, though this winter has found me spending some full days not leaving my home (lol). Before baby, and especially many years ago when I was in college, I was so much better about maintaining a lower weight, doing more strength, being more active generally, and eating much more healthily. I'd really like to get back into that mindset, but it's hard when I work full time, sleep much less than before, have to be on a different body clock than is natural for me (I naturally stay up late and sleep late, but those days are over), and am responsible for my precious baby. I don't regret my life changes at all, but I'd really like to somehow figure out a way to take better care of myself while fulfilling all of my responsibilities in my job and home.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!! In case we decide we want to do daily meals and workouts on this thread, here is my day so far:

7am: workout--run 3 miles, walk 1
8:30am: breakfast--oatmeal w/chia seeds and sugar-free syrup, green tea
1pm: lunch--190-cal frozen vegan burrito, strawberries and blueberries, oatmeal w/chia seeds and hot chocolate mix, green tea

Hi, Sunny (that's what I'll call you for now anyway) & welcome to the forum. To stop from over-eating at night I would suggest adding some protein during the day to help fill you up more. It sounds like you are ready to stop over-eating anyway & you do sound motivated. I'm sure you can do this. Most of us hang about in the diary section. It feels like we visit one another in our diaries. If you like you could copy & paste your post over there. The link is -https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ Cheers, Cate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back