New.. but P L E A S E help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfWayThere816

So... about a year and a half ago i realized enough is enough, and decided to go on a weight loss journey. Since about June 10' ive lost over 60 pounds... i started at 289 and am now at 224. I still work hard about 5 to 6 days a week but for the last couple of months i havent seen any weight loss, no inches, no pounds... ive tried eating really strict and when that didnt work i splurged for a couple days... but nothing. Can someone please help? I want to lose another 70 - 80 pounds but for some reason it just WONT come off...

I dont know if this will help but heres a typical meal plan for me:

Breakfast: A bowl of cheerios and half a cup of skim milk

Snack: Apple if anything (usually at work)

Lunch: A salad, or a smart ones + a can of fruit, usually around 400 cals

Snack: More Fruit

Dinner: (im not so strict here... but for the most part i eat healthy lol) Another Smart ones, Or maybe a soup and some veggies

My workouts usually consist of beachbody products...

Slim in 6

Hip Hop Abs

Turbo Jam

& P90x (which i just started to see if it works for me, since the others stopped working)

My heart rate monitor tells me that i burn anywhere from 250 - up to 700 cals on a workout, which i thought would be enough?

Anyways, im tired of stepping on the scale each week and seeing the same number... someone please help me figure out whats wrong?

Hey and welcome to the forum? What is your daily caloric intake? Have you adjusted this at all since you started losing weight?

Here is an article by one of the forum moderators that might help: http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/

It seems like you reached a diet plateau. Read this article for tips: http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/tips-to-get-off-diet-plateau.aspx

What I recommend is to vary your calorie intake. From your post I'm assuming that you've been staying very consistent with both your workouts and your diet. Change it up - surprise your muscles, dip and rise your calories. Your body is naturally adaptive, so if you stay the same you're body will adjust.

So if you are eating 1700 calories a day to lose weight, and your maintenance calories is 2000 (so a 300 calorie deficit), your body will adjust and it will be as if you're eating 2000 calories a day (so 0 calorie deficit!). You won't change.

Good luck!

Hi,

First of all, congrats to you on the results you've achieved thus far! Awesome! Your dedication is inspiring. Reaching a plateau can be frustrating, luckily there are many ways out of it! Adjusting your calorie intake is for sure the first thing you're going to want to look at, for short term results (you don't want to keep having to go down and down and down).... I think what you need to think about is the type of food you're eating and kick starting metabolism. There are so many factors at play here.... What's your day to day emotion at? If you're eating upwards of 2 smart one's per day, that's not a lot of unprocessed food your intaking, which can lead to unwanted fat storage. You have to look at the big picture!

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back