New Balance 9000 elliptical

Hi everybody, new here to the forum, just had a question on this elliptical.
Anybody have it? How do you like it?

I tried it out in the store, it pretty quiet and smooth. But trying in the store versus using everyday at home, its hard to tell if I will like the long term use.
Any comments?

Here's the link

I tried that one in the store and did not like it at all but if you like it that's what counts. The one thing I would be concerned about with New Balance is that they are fairly new to the elliptical market, at least that's what I have read. I would check to make sure they have decent warranty on it.

I tried that one in the store and did not like it at all but if you like it that's what counts. The one thing I would be concerned about with New Balance is that they are fairly new to the elliptical market, at least that's what I have read. I would check to make sure they have decent warranty on it.

Which brand would you suggest to be the best brand for elliptical, ProForm? NordicTrack is reputable but usually a bit pricey. I don't even know if they have an elliptical. As long as it's sturdy, doesn't sprinkle black dust like my current one does and reasonably priced, I'll consider buying it.

Trust me, we follow the manual to assemble it properly and use wd-40 but still sprinkles small particle of metal (all over) that could wind up in our lung while breathing heavy exercising hard!

New Balance 9000

One of the PE teachers at my school has the 9000 and really likes it. He says that it doesn't rock and he really uses it pretty hard. Since I was ready to go get one, I saw that you mentioned that "small black particles" were a problem. What machine were you specifically saying was doing that? I sure don't want to breath that in when I work out!:confused:

Which brand would you suggest to be the best brand for elliptical, ProForm? NordicTrack is reputable but usually a bit pricey. I don't even know if they have an elliptical. As long as it's sturdy, doesn't sprinkle black dust like my current one does and reasonably priced, I'll consider buying it.

Trust me, we follow the manual to assemble it properly and use wd-40 but still sprinkles small particle of metal (all over) that could wind up in our lung while breathing heavy exercising hard!

NordicTrack does make ellipticals. I'm pretty skeptical of ProForm. I've never owned one but I've read on a few different sites that their quality is in the low-medium range. I bought a Sole E25 for $1000. Sole treadmills are used in Hilton hotels and Sole have a good reputation for quality. I also considered the Schwinn 418 elliptical which is $799 at amazon.com. Anything lower in price than that for an elliptical is a little risky in my opinion. That does not mean you cannot get an elliptical that meets your needs for under $799 but I think you are risking getting a piece of junk that either breaks down a lot or that you just don't like.

do you like your Sole Elliptical?

I was just wondering if you like your Sole Elliptical? i have heard good things but am wary of buying something I can't try. Have you had any service issues, is it stable, etc. Any other models you considered?

I've only had it about a week but I really like it so far. It's very stable, quiet, and it works very smoothly. The warranty is 3 years on parts/electronics and 1 year on labor so that's pretty good. The Sole E35 is about $200 more and the warranty on that is 5 years on parts/electronics and 2 years labor which is exceptional. The other models I considered were the Schwinn 418 and the Smooth CE 2.1. The stride length on the Schwinn was 18" and the Smooth was 16" compared to 20" for the Sole. So far I'm really happy with the look, size, and functionality of the Sole. The console is very basic but for me I don't really care about a bunch of preset programs. It was pretty easy to put together because the manual is good and all the bolts and nuts are grouped together by the installation step in the setup guide.

Well I purchased the New Balance 9000. So far I really like it, been using for a week. I like the design of it, fits good in the small area I have for it. Its very quiet and smooth. Stride lenghts are 17 19 and 21. Works well for me and my husband with our height difference, i'm 5' and he's 6'4 . Only thing that I see a problem could be, is the foot pedals are narrow and close together. So if u have big wide feet or big thighs this might not be good for you. Other than that I love it.

Does everyone still like the New Balance 9000 after a few weeks to try it out? ... also ... I guess $999 is about the best price on this item? ... we are about to get this one too .... also .... how complicated is it to put together .. we can have it assembled for $125 ... is it worth it? ...
Cheers from a newbie here ....
Casey Jones

I have a New Balance 9000 and love it. The problem is I have to be away for the summer and renting an elliptical is rediculously high. I would like to take mine in my car so I don't lose ground. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether or not it is possible to minimally disassemble it so I can fit in my car for transport?

Back