Need Some Tips

mikealive

Hey, everyone.

All my life I was fairly overweight. In February of last year I weighed in at 215 lbs as a 5'9" 21-year old male. My parents have health issues, and it was a severe stroke my mom suffered that motivated me to change my lifestyle, and shed a lot of weight. Over the course of a year, by eating 1500 calories a day, I had managed to drop to 128 lbs.

Unfortunately, over the last month, for whatever reason, I have began overeating. Today for example I have consumed 3100 calories, and I am weighing in at 137 lbs. Obviously I know that 137 lbs isn't a bad weight, and I know of many people who would kill to be that weight, but I am worried that if I don't change back to the way I was before, then it will get way out of hand.

After overeating I have been telling myself "It's no big deal, just get back on track tomorrow and everything will be just fine again". But then the next day I overeat again.

Basically what I am asking for is help in trying to get back into the mindset that I need to be in. I want to go back to eating 1500 calories a day again, but lately I just haven't been able to help myself.

Do any of you have any motivational tips on how to get back to the way I was?

Thanks.

well you right, you at the weight where you suppose to be. maybe get yourself something that can you keep you busy, if you start feeling hungry drink lots of water or go for a long walk or run. but i dont see the point for you to lose more weight. look at the height and weight scales.

Hey man,

I totally feel what you are saying, this has happened to me a lot as well. First thing I'd say is relax, you won't suddenly blow up again and instantly go back to the way you used to be ;) Just remember that weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. You are in it for the long haul now and have plenty of time to figure out what works for you to kill that problem of overeating. You say you just can't help yourself - any idea why that might be? Let's look into that.

Second thing I'd say is that 1500 calories as a maintenance intake seems low for your age and height - that might be part of the problem. I am roughly the same height and weight at 25 yrs old and I eat between 2000-2500 calories as a normal maintenance intake. But it all depends, so to give any specific advice, this question is key: do you regularly exercise, how often, how long for and what type of exercise?

I suggest you maintain the healthy diet because after repetition that diet and amount of food will become normal to you. maybe you have had pleasure eating what you were eating. you could go on youtube and search for healthy eating hyponossis and change your mind programs. if you are capable of losing 128lbs in 1 year you cand maintain your weight stop worrying it will be fine.

If you stick to the healthy diet and the healthy food intake for long enough that will become normal to you. if you stick to the healthy exercises for the rest of your life that will also become normal to you. you could go on youtube and search for healthy eating hypnosis to change your programming. if you can lose 128lbs in a year you are perfectly capable of maintaining you current weight.

Well, first and foremost, it is ok to be concerned but relax. Stop worrying, focus on the reason why you want to lose weight and consider the fact that you might be saving your own life. Think about the advantages of your weight loss. You might also need to take natural appetite suppressants like bananas, apples and oatmeal in your breakfast. Take a lot of water. This can also help suppress your appetite. Hope this helps.

Back